Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #601
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

I can't find our DFW FSOT thread anymore. I think they may have deleted it.
Anyway, I'm thinking of thinning out my stash, but don't really want to post on FSOT if someone local will pay cash. Will meet within 20 miles of 75080 (Richardson).

I have 18 regular prefolds (three different unknown brands, 2 unbleached the rest bleached) I bought used but never used on my kids. A few have very light stains, most are pristine. $20 and I'll throw in a couple of pink snappis.

I also have 3 small BSWWs, no stains, only used a handful of times because another brand fits better, $15 for all.

I have two small thirsties covers, one light pink and one candy pink, light staining on the inside and the inside gusset binding. Will trade for 2 similar condition small thirsties covers that are NOT pink, or for one new or otherwise not stained one that is NOT pink. I have a boy, I didn't think I'd care that they were pink when I bought them used, but I do care even though I use them anyway.

I can get pix if needed, not going to bother if there is no interest. Thanks! -Cheryl

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 AM   #602
vmccal1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm interested in the prefolds. Please send me some pictures!

Hey, you are right I don't see it either.

Last edited by vmccal1; 06-26-2008 at 06:52 AM.
vmccal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #603
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay looks like the PFs are spoken for, the covers are all still up for grabs. 3 s white BSWWs in EEEUC and one pink and one candy pink s thirsties covers with some light staining on the inside. I also have two WAHM medium AI2s, one snoopy and one purple and gold celestial, I am willing to part with. I'm open to trades. I can take pix if needed. I don't mind driving 20 miles from 75N and 635 if I can avoid rush hour.

I have a 11 lb 2MO boy in unbleached PFs and PUL covers/fleece soakers/wool soakers, and I have a very intense 2.5YO girl regressing in PLing, would love some L or XL aplix pockets for her. Anything for either of them would be considered, including things the baby can grow into. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #604
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

do the 3 small BSWWs have the extra gussets on the side like the Thirsties? i would like a picture of the snoopy.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #605
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I'm going to post links to the pics because I want them to be big enough for you to see them.

BSWW do not have extra gussets, and the PUL fabric is significantly thicker than the Thirsties covers, and the elastic/casing is softer than Thirsties. Two are off-white and pristine, never pooped in, peed in once or twice maybe. The third is snow white, also never pooped in, peed in once or twice, but has a black marker tip spot on the outside and some sort of small food stain on the outside (pix of both to follow). I think I may have put that food stain there while taking these pix, the marker blip I do remember being there when I bought them.

I do have a NB vintage Gerber cover with double gussets. It's probably ten years old but appears to have never been used and looks brand new I didn't use it because Ian couldn't wear NB size even at birth. The inside is not slick, the PUL layer is covered with plain polyester. Pix to follow.

I've put both AI2s in the same picture. Snoopy and Celestial, both with two doublers, both stain free. Snoopy is FMBG (WAHM brand?) and says it's a small, but looks more like a medium. Celestial is Lucy's Hope Chest (WAHM brand?) and says medium, but looks a bit long for a medium. Both have super soft microfleece/shammy type material inside. We are just not a AI2 family, I bought these while PG just to try everything and I haven't even put it on him.

gerber cover inside:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/6cc35c1b032d2762ef57a092196bdb40.jpg

gerber cover outside:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/de1ba7a26fc6d035de19d7e4146e74d5.jpg

BSWW inside:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/646b36b2cbf4628340c3c4f2af46a4c1.jpg

BSWW outside:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/2caf8c4d2af22b493fe831f5cdb4f257.jpg

BSWW marker tip stain, outside of white one:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/a282d86d823294fb872b445bfa2a3c62.jpg

BSWW stain outside on white one, I think it's food or something:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/bb004646c26fc3dad802601083b37d01.jpg

AI2 (both) insides:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/fdf2d5691725e65fef802f18644c1f67.jpg

AI2 (both)outsides (Celestial is more purple than in this pic):
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/images/1/3ca6e0d6c445d64672925420b48f31ac.jpg

So there you go. I'm going to be in Bedford tomorrow around 3pm offloading the PFs if anyone wants to meet me. I know a lot of you ladies are on the Ft W side of town and can't drive up towards me...

Last edited by cherylchoo; 06-26-2008 at 05:43 PM.
cherylchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #606
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH was in a car wreck yesterday!!!!

THANK GOD he is ok. We have a friend who is from Houston but he is staying with us because he works on Chris's pipeline crew.

Normally they take our SUV to work, because Chris gets Truck Pay (a weekly gas allowance)... well yestrday they took tommy's little Mustang Convertable because the boys had their well child visits with their pediatrician, so since we only have one vehicle, they took Tommy's to work so I would have transportaion for the day.

Well at 8:09 Chris tried to call me, but I didn't answer because the three of us were still in bed and I didn't hear my phone ring. So I went to make a phone call about 9:30 am and saw that he had tried to call and had left me a voice mail. I listened to the message and all he said was "It's me, I need you to call me!" and sounded really upset so I knew that something was wrong.

I tried to call him back for the next two hours but it kept going straight to voice mail. So I tried to call Tommy, and again, just to voice mail.

Well, apparantly they came up a hill or around a corner or something like that, and there as a dead animal in the road (they think it was a large raccoon)... well Tommy didn't think that he could clear it since his car sits so low to the ground, and decide to swerve around it. Well apparantly the decision to swerve was kindof last minute, so he cut the wheel too far left. Then when he tried to go back right, he over compensated...so he cut the wheel left again, and apparantlyl it became a cycle of trying to fix it, and just over compensating so it was just like he kept doing fish-tails. Eventuallly they ended up in a ditch.

The air bags deployed, so the air bags have to be replaced and the dash board fixed, two tires were flat, at least one (but maybe two) of the wheels are damaged, the bumber is destroyed, the front end is smashed up, and they think the radiator may be cracked... Oh yeah, and the car won't even start!

I guess Chris called me shortly after it happend. Tommy called his wife to ask her to transfer money into his account to pay for the tow truck, and then Chris was going to call me to ask me to go online to see if the money had shown up in his account yet. Then he called his boss to let them know that Tommy couldn't work. The boss was going to come and pick up Chris and take him to work, but the tow truck showed up first. So Chris called his boss back to see how far away he was so that he wouldn't be just sitting on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere by himself.

I guess the boss was just a few miles away, but then it dawned on both of them that Chris wouldn't have a way home (they are working an hour to an hour and a half away from where we live), so Chris got permission to just leave with Tommy and come home. The boss said that things happen and of course he didn't have to come in.

And after THAT phone call, both of their phones died because the goobers didn't charge them the night before.

So I'm sitting on my couch nursing the baby when I hear that "beep, beep, beep" sound that tow trucks make when they are backing up... keep in mind I STILL haven't talked to Chris only heard that voice mail, so I've been worried for like 2 1/2 hours) I get up to look out the window so I can see what's going on, and there is the tow truck backing up into my driveway with Tommy's beat up car aboard! I flipped!

PRAISE THE GOOD LORD that both of them are ok!! But talk about a stressfull morning!

Poor Tommy was in such a bad mood for the rest of day and took his laptop into his room and slept and watched movies all day. He came out when dinner was ready, ate quickly and then said "Thank you for dinner, it was good." And then went back into his room.

Anyway, sorry this was kindof long, but you know it is when you need to get something off of your chest to feel better!

God bless!
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #607
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh my gosh! Thankfully they are okay! Does chris or tommy have any back/neck issues because of the airbags?
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #608
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragsdale View Post
oh my gosh! Thankfully they are okay! Does chris or tommy have any back/neck issues because of the airbags?
No, I asked them both about that. They both told me that the car hit hard enough to deploy the airbags, but not hard enough to slam into them. So they dodged THAT bullet as well!!!!

I may suggest to Chris to try to see a Chiropractor this weekend just because. THe problem is that they work mon-sat, so it's hard to find doctor's and chiropractors that are open on Sunday.

God bless, and thanks for asking!!!!

Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #609
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Michelle, if a tow truck showed up at my house like that I would have totally lost it. Thank goodness everyone is ok.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #610
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, at first I thought that someone was towing Tommy's car FROM our house, I forgot for a second that they had taken his car to work, then when I ran outside I remembered that they had taken the car, and yeah, I flipped a little bit.

And yes, thank goodness they are both ok!!!!

Thanks for your response!

God bless,
Michelle