Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #31
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What would your kid eat first??

Both of my dds like veggies more than fruit. Dd1 is a broccoli fiend, and they both love frozen peas. (Can't give dd a bag to put on a hurt foot because she eats them instead .) I HATE peas, so I don't get it, myself, but hey, it works for them, lol.

Advertisement

Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #32
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my ds is almost 15mon and he eats MOST veggies and fruits and will eat those before he eats anything that is "unhealthy". He has "forced" us to eat more healthy; ie, grilled chk instead of baked/fried, LOTS of veggies expecially califlower and broc. We hardly eat red meat because he doesn't like it. Oh and he LOVES rice; which i think is the only starchy food that he eats. I told dh we have a type O son that eats as if he was a type A.

oh and if it is laced with blueberries he will eat it; i sometimes think he will turn into a blueberry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbryndi View Post
ok my DH would like to know if there are any other kids are like our DD.

Ok say you make mac and cheese and put broccolli in it. What would your kid eat first? the noodles or the broc.? our DD eats the broc. frst and barely touches the noodles

Or say you go out to eat and your kid gets a kids meal and you get a salad. My DD would prefer to eat my lettuce before her fries and nuggets.
What would your kid eat? The lettuce or the nuggets/fries?

Would your kid prefer the healthy foods over the junk foods??

I dont know how to set a poll or i would. but if anyone would liek to set one up that would be great.

Last edited by eragsdale; 06-27-2008 at 07:22 PM.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #33
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd is just like yours.....she LOVEs her veggies, especially broccoli.

In fact, one time, out at a restaurant, I had to tell her she could only have more broccoli, IF she had a bite of her meat....lol!
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #34
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well my mom says I have a weird two year old so take this for what it's worth, but Tharen would eat carrots before anything else. Carrots are his favorite food, followed closely by pumpkin and winter squashes. I was afraid he was going to turn orange for a while. He also enjoys avacado to an almost frightening degree. But I do'nt think that is why mom thinks he is weird, I think it is the fact that if you ask him what he wants to eat he is more likely to say "Sushi" or "Fish" than "macaroni" and when he says he wants cheese what he means is he wants chunks of goats milk mozzarella and some veggies on a plate. The kid lives for Sushi, I think he might get it from me. But he also likes salmon dips and my MIL had this herring spread that he thought was just wonderful. He also loves soups, any kind, but especially vegetable stews and egg drop. He just has a really varried diet, and he's a pretty healthy eater. I definately don't worry about him nutritionally.

His brother is just the oposite though. Kearnan has sensory issues and there was a time that he only ate about 5 different foods. He eats more now, but still not very many. What freaks most people out though is my kids won't eat french fries. They think they are gross. Same with tater tots.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #35
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, he used to goggle up veggies and fruits first and then he turned 3 He'll eat the main course first instead of the veggies. As long as he eats them. and does eat them. I don't offer junk and gets a treat every once in awhile, but if he sees junk food he'll ask for it. He has gotten so opinionated!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #36
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Veggies first. My kids love vegetables and always get seconds at dinnertime. They prefer healthy snacks of junk anyday. We go through quite a bit of produce in our home. When we go out to dinner, we never order off the kid's menu. We get a adult meal and split it between the kids. THey dont like typical kid's menu items anyway. In most cases we sub fries for fresh steamed veggies, etc.. Even my baby likes lettuce.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #37
Knifty Kniteez
Registered Users
Formerly: gbryndi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncatsmeow View Post
My dd is just like yours.....she LOVEs her veggies, especially broccoli.

In fact, one time, out at a restaurant, I had to tell her she could only have more broccoli, IF she had a bite of her meat....lol!
LOL i have to tell me DD that all the time, she will never eat her other stuff on her plate if there are veggies or fruit on it. When we have hamburgers she has to have it all seperate so she can eat the letuce, then tomatoe, then pickles, and whatever other veggie is on there. then she might just might touch her meat but very rarely.