Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I succombed to using jarred baby food...kinda LONG...

Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
I think that's more of a gimmick to appeal to parents who think babies need "meat and potatoes" just like mommy and daddy are eating. Really, if your kiddo is less than a year old, baby food is just for fun and to practice table-skills rather than as an important source of nutrition. Breastmilk (or formula) should be the centerpiece of your feeding routine. The three meals of solids that you are currently considering sounds a bit excessive. Don't be in a big hurry to eliminate breastmilk/formula meals in favor of solid foods just yet. BM and formula are what your baby needs to grow and develop properly. A jar of "turkey and rice" can't compete nutritionally with a boob or bottle. So, don't worry about offering "three square meals" to your LO just yet. A variety of fruits, veggies, some non-allergenic grains, and maybe a little whole milk yogurt should be enough for a baby that age.

my dd didnt want to eat solids till well over a year she was ebf till around 14 mos, she was happy and healthy! babies do not need anything else till between 15-18 mos.

Amanda mommy to ds 3/13/05 and dd 9/11/06 and dd2 2-24-08-- dd3 1/19/12
2under2 is offline   Reply With Quote