Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
smithmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
**UPDATED 6/30**I think he's allergic to FuzziBunz, is it possible?

So usually we just use FB at night, but today i was striping all the pf's and fitteds so thats all i had to use.

Well on his stomach and around his legs where the outer material touch him it is all red. He doesn't act like it is bothering him so . The FB are washed in the same thing all the other diapers are washed in and the same routine, and he has no problems with them.

Here's a pic...

UPDATE: So i took CJ in for his 2y check up on friday(27th) and i told her about it/showed her the pics, and she asked the usual questions(was it washed in something different, anything changed,etc.). Well while we were there i changed him from a PF and cover to a FB. We went ahead and done the appointment for D(about an hour) and then she checked CJ's legs and sure enough it was starting to turn red, so she put some lotion on him and told us to wait about 10 minutes and she would check it again.

So about 15 minutes later she came back in and by then the redness had gone away. So... she thinks he may just have exzema(we have thought this before though), so she gave us a RX for some lotion.

So yesterday i used just FBs again but made sure i put the lotion on 3x a day and NO REDNESS!!! So thankfully we can keep using them at night and every once in a while during the day.

And just because i thought it was funny, she made a comment about me using "real" diapers now(we were having to get RX rash meds at least 2x a month with sposies, and she noted that she hadn't had to call any in in a few months) and then she went around telling everyone in the office about it, so they were all asking me question

Advertisement

Last edited by smithmom; 06-30-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling
smithmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
CandyRaine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think he's allergic to FuzziBunz, is it possible?

Is this the first time this has happened? It seems odd that it would just be the fb. It seems to me that the PUL on my fb is the same as all of my other dipes so I don't know why that would happen.
Poor baby. I hope you figure out why that happened!
CandyRaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
smithmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think he's allergic to FuzziBunz, is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRaine View Post
Is this the first time this has happened? It seems odd that it would just be the fb. It seems to me that the PUL on my fb is the same as all of my other dipes so I don't know why that would happen.
Poor baby. I hope you figure out why that happened!
We have always noticed a slight redness(real real light) when he gets up in the morning, but we have always figured it was because he was in the diaper for about 12-13 hours. It alwasy goes away within a couple of hours after he gets up and gets a diaper change. We normally use prefolds/covers around home and fitteds/covers when we are out. The only time we use the FB is at night, stuffed with a BG OS insert and put on over a prefold.

He has been in FB all day today.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
smithmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: **UPDATED 6/30**I think he's allergic to FuzziBunz, is it possible?

for update!!!