Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
naturegirl7
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Spin off**NIP with large breasts???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrjpbc View Post
So having to hold your breast away from babys face isn't lack of experience on my part!! Whoo hooo! I have 38DD and would suffocate the poor child if I didn't hold part of my breast away. Which stinks because i could really use the other hand for the other 5 kids!! Is there another position or hold to try???

At 16months, DS helps hold it! LOL He gets his hands on both side of a breast and holds it in place just where he wants it. Although if he is tired or falling asleep, I still need to hold it for him. The joy of big breasts.

OP - I NEVER got the hang of nursing in any carrier. It took the first 8 months for me to get the hang of plain ol' NIP. DS had this "phase" of refusing to nurse in any position except sidelying (I guess teh only position he didn't feel smothered in!), which eliminated NIP for us for a long time. But I got *great* at nursing in a reclined seat in the car.

Advertisement

naturegirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #12
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

I take a burp cloth (or a taggie in a pinch) and stuff it underneath to prop up my breast. (40H)

doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #13
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

I'm a 38F-G and it's only with my current newborn (after over 5 years total of nursing my first two children) that I'm able to breastfeed in a sling. Only a ring sling or a rebozo, and only if I loosen it to where my baby is hanging much lower (i.e. nipple level). If I'm out and about I throw the tail over the top of my boob, but not over her face. It's not really hands-free, because with the sling not snugged up to me it doesn't feel as secure, so I keep a hand or arm under her. If there was an easier way, I still haven't found it after all these years.

The best thing, though, about using a sling when NIP (even if not for hands-free nursing) is that the extra material and tail are good for hiding any skin you don't want to show in the belly and hip area that becomes exposed when lifting your shirt.
Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #14
KaiyaSue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm guessing I'm a 38I since the 38H's are too tight? Anyway, I find NIP pretty challenging since i have to negotiate the bbs and try to get baby to stay latched on. I can't imagine I'll ever be able to do it in a sling. But I'm still pretty new at this so hopefully it'll get easier.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #15
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

I never got the nursing in a sling worked out either. I just found it easier to sit down somewhere to nurse.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #16
Hootemcboob
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't nurse in a carrier offen because I just would rather sit down and nurse him that way. When I do I have saggy 40E boobs and I just put the flap 1/2 way down on the nursing bra/tank and pull part of the breast (mainly nipple) out and DS nurses. So the flap isn't all the way down which keeps them from sagging down and just the nipple is out. Anyone understand what I mean? LOL
Hootemcboob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:10 PM   #17
motherhubbard
Registered Users

I wore a 36G with dd#2 and would nurse hands free in a ring sling. I had a nursing shirt and a really good bra that supported me. We would shop and bf and old ladies would pat her head and not even realize she was bfing.