Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
lovtrtls
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: when to start solids

My ds just turned 4 months too, and the Pediatrician was after me at his well baby check up to start him on solids. I know he's not ready yet. Not even close. As long ds is healthy & happy, I will continue to EBF.

Stick to your guns momma ~ nobody knows what best for your baby but you!

Advertisement

lovtrtls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
Melanie12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes I think you just need to follow your gut instinct. With my third, I started him on solids at 4 months because I just knew he was ready and needed it. He turns 6 months tomorrow and he's eating 3 meals per day. He is sooooooo eager to eat, he gets mad if I make him wait too long between spoonfuls. He no longer has his thrust reflex ( I can feed him without a bib - its very impressive) and has had no digestive issues . Honestly, its different for every child. My daughter wasn't really into solids until 8 months, my middle son was ready at around 6 months. Ultimately you need to do what YOU feel comfortable with mixed in with some wisdom and good hard facts.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #13
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ds2 started at 5m but it was because he was ready (we tried at 4m and he did nto want it) now at 9m he would rather have anything chewable (including ds1 chicken nugget 1 day ) ............IMO it depends on the baby (my dr recommended around 4-6m depending on baby though)
Old 07-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #14
mythreemonkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanesMama View Post
DS is almost 4 months and keeps trying to grab my silverware from my hand if I am holding him when I am eating
Ds tries to grab my coffee cup EVERY morning! Ready for coffee.... I don't think so!

He is 6 mos old, and not sitting on his own, still has the tongue thrust, and nurses like a champ! He is 20 lbs, and growing like crazy!

My nephew didn't have anything but BM until he was 16 months, and the only thing he ever had was a case of excema!! Apparently genetic because his baby sis has it just as bad, but none of the other 3 do/did. He was the biggest when he was born, and has been the biggest one of his age since. Not fat, just sturdy, lol!!

Don't worry about it mama! He will let you know when he is ready. ODD was about 4-5 months, and dd2 was a little older, maybe closer to 6 months. I probably should have waited longer with her, because she did end up with quite a few food allergies. I couldn't get to daycare to nurse her as often as she wanted to, and she refused a bottle. She did take cereal, and fruits, so that's what they gave her between the times I could come and nurse her.

GL!!
Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #15
dancnfool
Registered Users
seller

It should be really easy to find lots of information on how horrible it is to add the cereal to the bottle. Thats a real no no. Now when to start the right way? My ped encouraged the bfing and said just wait till 6 mo and start slow. I made it to 1 1/2 weeks away from 6mo with my always hungry, always nursing, already had 4 teeth child!
dancnfool is offline   Reply With Quote