Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #11
Sunny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWB week two - 10/23

I went and weighed in today and was down 1.4 lbs!!! YAY!

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #12
Sunny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
How do I get started on WW? I need to lose 100.00 lbs! I feel so overwhelmed like I can't even start. I don't eat often, but when I do, I eat A LOT!
go to www.weigh****chers.com and see if you can find a meeting near you! Youc an also do it online. I do both and it really helps.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:45 AM   #13
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks to replying to my post. I really need the modivation to lose this weight, or I can't have another baby. I don't look very fat. When friends guess my weight, it is much lower... But I know what it is. It make me sick that I have just given up! I NEVER thought that I could get like this! When I saw 200 lbs, I thought, my body could never get any bigger, but boy, was I wrong. It is so embarassing talking about this but I guess that is the first step, to realize that I have lost control! Thanks for listening.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #14
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkmt View Post
Thanks to replying to my post. I really need the modivation to lose this weight, or I can't have another baby. I don't look very fat. When friends guess my weight, it is much lower... But I know what it is. It make me sick that I have just given up! I NEVER thought that I could get like this! When I saw 200 lbs, I thought, my body could never get any bigger, but boy, was I wrong. It is so embarassing talking about this but I guess that is the first step, to realize that I have lost control! Thanks for listening.

mama! It is so hard and so frustrating to lose weight. The frustration makes it really easy to give up too. This group is here to give support, and I have felt supported, and accountable. I think that's what I didn't have before was the accountability....Before I started posting here I would get frustrated and stop trying and eat more...I knew it would make things worse, because I would be even more frustrated with myself, my weight and my confidence. Knowing I am accountable to you all to check in, say how my eating is, and talk about things regarding my eating and weight keeps me on track. I want to be able to post losses too !

I second getting to a meeting in addition to this forum and online if you can...The support you will receive at the meetings will be incredible.

again...We are here for you. ~Heather
Old 10-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #15
platup
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkmt View Post
How do I get started on WW? I need to lose 100.00 lbs! I feel so overwhelmed like I can't even start. I don't eat often, but when I do, I eat A LOT!
I will say DEFINITELY try to get to a meeting. They will give you all the tools you need and we are here for all those days in between meetings. I did the "full" weigh****chers a few years ago. For me, the first round of meetings was awesome. I did great. Now that I have the tools, I use WW to keep things under control. Not that they are really IN control right now but I am working on it. I'm thinking about starting meetings again. In any case, you are welcome welcome welcome to join us!!!! EVERYONE is!!! Hugs to you, it can happen to anyone. It was well on it's way to happening to me as I've never been this heavy in my life. I really should lose like 45lbs to be at my healthy weight but I'm doing small goals at a time. I'm hoping for 10 - 15 by Christmas. That would be great. Baby steps mama, they are easier to attain and keep you focused You can talk/vent/cry about it with us, we don't know you IRL and I find that really helps

I've eaten bad this week. My family was here until Tuesday and when my dad visits we COOK AND COOK AND COOK all those bad yummy Polish dishes my late Grandmother taught him to make. So I have leftovers pouring out of my refrigerator. It had to get eaten. I've tried to eat lots of veggies and salads with a small amount of potato based naughtiness but I am pretty sure I've been blowing past my points on a regular basis. FINALLY last night, the rest of the leftovers were eaten at dinner. I don't know why I think that if I make noodles or apple pie from absolute scratch it's ok to eat it. LOL. Anyway, I'm just hoping I don't gain, plan to do better this weekend so keep your fingers crossed for me mamas!!!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #16
Sunny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well yesterday was a good day for me. I did really good but didn't lose anything. That is aggravating!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #17
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone know about diet pills? I have been taking them and they are really helping me. I tried to not use them yesterday and went way over my points. Will it hurt anything with me taking them while i am on ww. I don't want it to be a pernment thing but it is really helping me kickstart this progam and loose the frist bit of weight to make me fell like i am doing something. I am following progam and exercising as well so it is not like i am relying totally on them.
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #18
JakesMom
Registered Users

I don't know much about them (diet pills), but I would just warn to be very cautious. If you have any type of heart problems or blood pressure issues, don't take them. A lot of them contain stimulants, which can make your heart race & blood pressure go up. (Signs of extremely high blood pressure: blurred vision, seeing stars, fainting, severe headache, upper abdominal pain). I'm sure some of the newer diet pills are much safer. Do you remember the Fen Phen thing? My mom is one of the patients that was on it, and she has permanent heart problems because of it! Don't mean to scare you, but just saying be careful. I haven't heard of anything like that happening again, but Fen Phen was prescribed by doctors- they didn't know until many people had been affected. Just over a year ago I actually took "diet pills" in a medically supervised program last year. I lost 20 pounds in 2 months. But I didn't feel that great while I was on them and I wouldn't do it again because it's so sketchy. But there's that point when you don't care, you feel like you've tried everything and the weight keeps coming. (sorry, not 'you', it was me!) My husband married a beautiful skinny little thing, and I was actually feeling sorry for him! (He says I look great, it's all my own self-criticism!). Luckily I've gotten away from that. Having a baby does wonders for self confidence! Now I have a reason for the extra weight (a good one!) and it really brings home that our bodies are miracles, amazing miracles that carry, grow and nurture this new life... I always knew it but experiencing it changed my perspective a lot. Made me be a lot kinder to myself. Sorry, rambling!!! Whatever you decide is fine, just read about it and ask around. Millions of women/men take them! I didn't want to be a doomsday crier, but just I guess tell you to be sure to research it. I'm sure it'll be fine. I think they just make you burn calories faster, right? Or some of them actually make your appetite decreased. OH! I used to drink lots of Green Tea because it's an appetite depressor. (One glass before each meal, is what I did). You can also take green tea tablets.

Last edited by JakesMom; 10-28-2006 at 10:28 AM. Reason: incorrect sentence
JakesMom is offline   Reply With Quote