Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #21
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Re: 6mo peeing blood?

Glad hes okay.

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #22
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Re: 6mo peeing blood?

glad he's ok, but watch for it to occur again. I have been dealing with this issue for several months now. My son has a host of other unrelated issues. It started probably when he was 4 months old. It comes and goes with several weeks inbetween each episode. My son nurses quite frequently, so I don't think its dehydration. He has had several rounds of tests for infections, ultrasounds twice on his kidneys and x-rays while having dyes injected into him and letting him pee it out while the xrays were being taken. So far (As of his appt last week) everything has turned out to be perfectly normal. They are now testing the urine (drawn from the cath at the x-rays last week) to see if there is a high level of calcium, which can cause crystals. My poor baby has been through enough with no deffinate answer so far. If there is no high level of calcium, the next step is to send a scope up there. Can I ask how they determined it was crystals? the first couple of times it happened to my son, they chalked it up to being a random thing and not to be concerned with (After tests for infections). Now that this has been going on for so long at random times, they are doing more extensive tests to find out the cause.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote