Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
x-post Mothers helper?s

I am thinkig about maybe getting a mothers helper (maybe 1 time a week for 2-3hrs at the most)...I just want someone that can help me out with the boys so I can get some things done...

So if you have a mothers helper, what do you have them do?
what do you pay them?
how old are they?
how long are they there?

any other info?

I posted an add last night and I had an email that a girl (18) does this for 3hrs for 50.00 Theres no way Im paying that (not in our budget, but Im here too..so its not like she will be alone with the kids to do everything,I just think thats ALOT, I mean thats more than 15hr
where I have found the going rate for night babysitting to be anywhere from 10-20hr for 2 kids...

Please lmk Im not off my rocker thinking that 50 for a mothers helper for 3hrs is WAY TO MUCH....or maybe I am (i dont expect them to work for free, but it just seems like alot to me)

Thanks

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: x-post Mothers helper?s

20 reads, no answers,...noone has a mothers helper? or has an opinion on the price?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, I'm not sure on a price. I don't have a mother's helper......If I remember right I think when I started babysitting I was a mother's helper for one mom and I think she paid me $5 a hour. That was 13 years ago though....
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pay a very responsible 14 y/o $5.00 per hour to be a mother's helper for my 1 dd (almost 2) I pay less to an even more responsible 12 y/o who want b-sitting experience. We have an agreement that if DD needs me then they help with light house work. I don't pay much, but I do tell them if they need a reference when they are ready to start babysitting, I'll provide it. I found them through my church by the way.

It is such a huge help. The last time one of them came DD wanted to nurse for what felt like forever...she organized all of DDs toys and her closet and her drawers, and they stuffed the pocket diapers. It was awesome.

We don't leave DD with a babysitter other than my parents very often, but I love having a mother's helper.

Oh, and there is NO WAY I'd pay $50.00 for 3 hours.....maybe for all day, though.
Karen