Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #11
jernesmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WOHMs is this a fair rate?

i pay $100 a week for childcare at an in home daycare. But I live in Oklahoma where everything is cheaper than everywhere else as far as I have been told. But I think that with giving her everything and picking him up from her house in the morning $125 is MORE than fair its a GREAT price! Especially with gas prices.

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #12
rilmbmom
Registered Users
seller

Where do you live??? I am looking for a new day care for my dd.
rilmbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #13
mom2littleman
Registered Users
Formerly: jdunn79
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
I think you are undercutting yourself. What time of day is she picking up the baby? What time is drop off? I realize that you have an affinity for teachers, but it is still work, especially if you have to pack up your children to meet her. Don't undervalue your experience.
I agree! It seems like you would be going above and beyond. In our area daycare is about $40/day. We were paying $100/ day for a nanny and she just watched DS and her DD (no cleaning or driving).
mom2littleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #14
Dolphin_Medic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are you sure you're not in my area??

Ok, in all seriousness. We pay $180 for a daycare center, where I have to drop my child off, I provide food and I have to wash the CDs (which I have to have a doctor's note to use)...and that's cheap here. Also, remember that using your diapers for her LO is going to add wear and tear on your diapers, plus you'll be using your water/energy which will cost you too. I think you're undercharging IMO. I realize you want to be considerate of her being a teacher and you want to be accomodating, which is great. I'd probably consider closer to $150 or $175, JMO. (Especially if you're not going to charge for when she's not working)

Remember the cost of everything is going up these days and you'll be using gas to drive back and forth.

Now, if you're not doing the driving and you're using her diapers and/or she washes them, or you charge for her vacations then $125 or $135 sounds right IMO.