Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
Cindy
Registered Users
seller

How many Medium Diapers to get?

Fuzzibunz.

How many will I need?

I have over 2 dozen smalls right now. About that many?

Advertisement

Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

Re: How many Medium Diapers to get?

I have about 28 right now....and that gets me through about 3 days before I have wash again!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

I wash every other day and find 18 or so are about good for me. I like to have a few extras so 2 dozen isn't way off.
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You might be able to cut it down to 18 doing laundry every other day for a while and then every third day depending on how old your baby is. My dd is 7 months and I only have 10 right now, but I do laundry a little more often than I want to and I am new to the cloth diapering thing.
jjaelovesenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #5
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had 19 smalls & about the same number of larges when we switched at 4 mos... I now really regret getting the larges, like medium better! & find that we only need maybe 12 to wash every three days because I change ds a lot less now! He's almost 2, but have been changing him a lot less since about 15 mos when he stopped having more then one bm a day... but you for sure don't want to be short either! I'd figure how many you need a day & multiply that by 2.5 or 3 then you'll be able to go 2.5 to 3 days! Happy diaper shopping!!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I get by on less than most people I think. I originally started with 12 mediums. I think I now have 16 pocket diapers--that's been a pretty good number for us. I do laundry usually every other day, and I haven't run out yet!

Of course, my baby is older, so I don't change him as often. He's 15 months, and just barely moved into mediums. So...

I don't think 24 is too far off. But, you could get away with less for awhile, and continue to build on your stash. That's what I'm doing!

Have fun diaper shopping!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #7
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Yikes, I have way too many diapers. Right now I have a load sitting in one of my dryers and I'm just too lazy to take them out and fold them, but I just finished washing a load and will need the dryer for those (so, that's about 32-36 diapers in the washing process) plus I have a few in the dirties and enough for my daughter to wear all day today. lol

But, for minimums, you need 3 night diapers (one to wear, two in the wash). Then for day if you wash every other day, you need 20-24 - enough to change 8+ times a day and still have enough for baby to wear while you're doing wash and for those days when you just need more. Plus, that will allow you to have a few in a diaper bag that are designated for that.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #8
Cindy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone.

I am selling my Maternity clothes on Ebay and using that money for diapers.
Nick 2
Kate 3m
Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #9
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Lol I keep looking around the house seeing what I can sell on Ebay to buy more diapers. DH got tired of me sending packages with him to ship from work (he's a shipping manager) and told me if I'm going to keep Ebaying I am going to have to do the shipping thing myself. And I am.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #10
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have enough yet. I have 7 bumGenius, 3 FBs, 2 fitteds and one cover - its so not enough. I can't get through two full days. I have two happy Hempies coming and three fitteds I bought off of here, and I am waiting for 4 wool soakers. I will see where I am after that. I wouldn't mind doing laundry every other day, but pretty much I have to do it daily right now to have enough to CD 24/7. If I really like using wool, I'll go w/ more of those. If I don't, I'll get more pockets.