Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #11
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you get sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalvo View Post
My biggest sad moment is when dd is having so much fun at daycare that she doesn't want to get in the car to come home. It doesn't happen often but when it does it tears me apart. It's just as bad as when she cries when I leave her at daycare (though I know she's fine 3 minutes later).
Well, in my experience *my* kids always 'seem' to have more fun with everyone (or anyone) else. I guess I'm just not the "fun" parent or whatever. I think we do some fun family activities and all that, it's just how kids are sometimes. Also, depending on you LO's age, it could just be hard to transition from childcare to home. I think it's great she's having fun at daycare -- I would worry if she screamed and ran to leave the moment you showed up. And, it's also a sign of a healthy attachment - to you and the provider.

Advertisement

There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #12
Mommimi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalvo View Post
My biggest sad moment is when dd is having so much fun at daycare that she doesn't want to get in the car to come home. It doesn't happen often but when it does it tears me apart. It's just as bad as when she cries when I leave her at daycare (though I know she's fine 3 minutes later).
My DS does the same thing - almost everyday. Its a sign that I've picked a good daycare for him.

And when I feel really sad about missing some of LO activities, I take a personal day off to spend time with him. Usually I just sneak into daycare and check up on him.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #13
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get sad all the time, however we have joyous moments every day. I know in my heart i'm not working because I want to I'm working so our family can stay under a roof and eat...and even that we have trouble doing sometimes. Our reasons for working are clear and it's out of necessity.

I totally agree that weekends and evening times are all about mommy and me and daddy and me with quality time. I make the most of it I can.

The times it has honestly hurt the most is we've had a really rough time with his health. I've stayed home with him as much as I can using sick days and have even used a majority of vacation days when he's sick. I cant stand it to no end for someone else to get the opportunity to take care of him when he's most vulnerable and not feeling well. I wanted to take off several days when he had his surgery but I couldn't. I took off a friday and part of a monday and I had to result to someone else watching him and then daycare. I can't complain the daycare was the best in the world at caring for him in my absence. There were several days he just got held all day because he didn't feel good and it was taking a while to heal. It hurt me to see him in so much pain and that someone was able to take over what was supposed to be my job but again, if I don't work we don't have an income.

I get sad too because there is never enough time to fully clean the house like I want. By the time 10/11 oclock gets there in the evenings I'm so pooped and ready for bed and I don't feel like I should be punished and have to do every single little little thing that needs to be done on the weekends so I just pick and choose.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #14
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, sometimes. But I know I'm not cut out to be a SAHM.

I'm glad DD has friends and teachers to interact with and learn from at school. I'd be so stressed about if my schedule was good enough, or my lesson plan good enough, or play time stimulating enough.... God bless my DD's teachers. They get to worry about all that, and I just get to have fun with her in the evenings/on weekends!
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote