Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Will I Have Issues With This?

So, currently myself and my DD are on a state health care program. I am ready to pop with our second...and when he is born he will be on the state health care program as well.

I am wondering...if I am going to catch h*ll for delay vaxing and potentially not even doing well child check ups?

I've heard stories about CPS being called and such, and frankly I just do not want to go through that (who would). DH and I plan to move back to CA in a few months and I just don't want to be in the system when moving to a different state.

Anyone else on a state insurance program and either delay or not vax and not gotten any grief. I'd just not put him on the plan, but my DH doesn't have insurance through work (it's not a "benefit" it's offered, but we'd be paying the monthly whatever and we totally can't afford it) BUT if something were to happen...not that it's likely but if it did he would completely covered by this. So, it's like a double edged sword really.

I don't mind taking him in for appts (like a 2 month check up) but I don't want him having any shots at that time...

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Beaker
Registered Users
seller

Re: Will I Have Issues With This?

I'm on state aid and I do take DS to well visits but doc was super cool with delay vaxing. I get little reminders from the state in the mail about the dr visits.
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I think as long as you're going to the appointments (but not vaxxing or delaying them) and regularly going to their doctors, then it should be OK. I'd think that your health care may be in jeopardy, if you should stop using it though... like they'd think you weren't using the resources given, so you don't need them sort of thing.

I'm not 100% sure... I just know that my mom was told (she lives in NV and lived in Ohio up until 2.5 years ago) that if she doesn't use it, then she'll lose the coverage (for my sister, who is 9 and herself).
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I'm on state aid and I do take DS to well visits but doc was super cool with delay vaxing. I get little reminders from the state in the mail about the dr visits.
yup same here for both my 2 year old and my 1 year old. I actually had a run in with cps cause of my in-laws(my case was droped fast) one thing they did do was check if they had there vaccinations up to date and I told the chick "listen there not up to date according to you but to me they are Im delaying and thats my choice" my case was still droped and she said she was fine with it as long as I was making some visits.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am on medicaid and I had to go to the health department and file a religious waiver with the state to "justify" no vaxxing or else lose medicaid benefits! That was mostly only because their "old" ped threatened to "turn me in" because she did not agree with my choices... we now go to a family practice doc and he is completely fine with no vaxxing and even todl me that he had issues with certain vaccines before I ever started the vax conversation I think if i had been going to him all along, i wouldn't have had to bother with the exemption waiver, because he would never have reported it... but I am glad i have it documented now anyway, just incase!
I think it will really depend a lot on your doctor!
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #6
midominga
Registered Users
seller

Make sure your ped is fine with it. My dr is completely fine with us doing that. He's fine as long as I know all the facts about what the vax are suppose to do. I do get my kids vaxxed but not on the states time line. We are also on Medicaid.
midominga is offline   Reply With Quote