Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
heamae
Registered Users
seller

Tadem mamas & NIP

We have been tademing for two weeks now!! Things are going good but we havent gone out too much. I can get DD2 to nurse really good in my sling. Luckily we havent been out long enough for DD1 to ask but I am terrified of nursing both in public. How do you cover both breasts?!?!?
By the end of my pregnancy I was getting uncomfotable nursing DD1 in public and I thought after the baby it would get easier but I am even more worried about it. I think DD1s age and size is also making me uncomfotable. Nursing a baby is one thing but I am sure I will get looks for nursing a toddler. And distraction only works for so long with her. When she wants to nurse, she really wants to nurse....
Any advice???

Advertisement

Joseph Cooper 5-3-09
Help me raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/mi/wdw10/hduffs
heamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
superMoM2GTO
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tadem mamas & NIP

I wish I had some advice for ya! I am "single" nursing my 1 year old and I def. know about the looks people give you in public nursing an older child. Hang in there and don't let anyone bring you down. You know what is best for your children!! BIG to YOU!!
superMoM2GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

how often does your dd1 nurse? Is it a lot still during the day?
Old 10-09-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little man is two in a few days and NIP. Not that much but he does at times. I would start to teach you DD1 to wait her turn at home. Sometimes nurse at the same time, but teach her both ways. That way, when you are in public, you can say, after the baby is done and maybe she will get it.

As far as getting LOOKS? Who the hell cares! You are doing what is right for your children and they can get over it. I NIP and I do so descretely or he is not allowed to nurse (ie. if he is pulling on my shirt and won't stop, smacking etc...) (the JOYS of nursing a toddler. Do what you feel is righ and just know that as long as you nurse both of them, the likelyhood of them getting sick is much lower and that can save lots of energy in the long run.

There is a book that I have read called Adventures in Tandum Nursing, Great book! I read it cause I am hoping that my DS can help with the BFing of baby 2 that will come in 2008 hopefully.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:18 AM   #5
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and yes, that would make him 4! **GASP!** LOL!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
heamae
Registered Users
seller

I like the idea of teaching her to take turns. When we are at home she nurses a lot but when we are out she stays pretty busy and doesnt ask too much.
Today we went to the dr. and dd2 was nursing so dd1 wanted to nurse. I got her on my lap like in my avi and then threw a blanket over the two of them. I think I got some funny looks but it worked!!
Joseph Cooper 5-3-09
Help me raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/mi/wdw10/hduffs
heamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #7
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

We tandem nurse (I have a 2 yr old and 4 month old), but I limit it to once a day...we all take a nap together and that is ds#1 time to nurse. I will make an exception when he is sick or hurt and needs extra cuddles. Your dd is younger though, so I agree that a good way to might be to teach her to take turns

You are brave for NIP with both babes! I admire that! I'd say to just try and ignore the looks...although I know that is hard.

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
itsamy9
Registered

Stick to your guns! As mommas we cant make everyone happy so if DD1 one day doesnt want to wait her turn. Tune everyone out and do what is right for your family. Gosh, though you must get mighty thirsty!!
itsamy9 is offline   Reply With Quote