Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
wigglewormsmom
Registered Users
seller

Does this sound like a sensitivity rash???

I put a new Jamtots Berry Plush on dd yesterday morning and by early afternoon, her whole bottom was beat red and sore and she screamed when I tried to wipe. We've been doing a lot of naked time and the majority of the rash on her bum is almost gone, just on her front still.

So my question is do you think this is due to the new fabric(is it minkee in these dipes? I think?) or maybe something she ate at daycare on Friday and showed up on Saturday after a bm????

Thanks so much ladies, you're always a huge help to me.
Jerri

Advertisement

wigglewormsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does this sound like a sensitivity rash???

Hmmm it's hard to say - could be either. I do think that if it's a food reaction, the rash would be around her anus - I mean it can be everywhere from the poo spreading on her bum, but I would thing the worst part would be in the exit region, or at least that's how it is for DS (he's allergic to milk & sensitive to a million things and that's what happens for his rash). If it's not around the anus at all and just all over the bum I'd be more inclined to think that it's a fabric reaction.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
kthoelen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does this sound like a sensitivity rash???

My ds gets horrible rashes from certain diapers. I just had to get rid of all of my terry dipes b/c of a sensativity rash. He would get all red and get blister type rashes. I have now found out that not only is it the material it is the covers too. I can't put PUL on him at all. I am in the process of making him a bunch of honeyboy dipes as those are great on him and he has no problems at all with rashes.

I HTH. I hope you figure out what is up. There is nothing worse than a baby rash that makes them cry so bad you can barely wipe them. Poor thing.

Kerri