Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Carseat help?

Alright so I need to move ds out of his infant carrier into the convertible car seat. He is too big I am going to put him in dd's convertible seat rf and put her in a new 5pt harness, booster. I am going to get one today, question is right now they are in the 2nd row of my 2005 town and country in the bench seat. both are latched in. I can move the seat either closer to the drivers side and have the opening on the passengers side for the back row or move it closer to the passenger side and have the opening behind the drivers seat (where is it now). I have the 4 doors so that isnt a problem either. DS is in the center and dd is behind the passenger seat. What is the safest arrangement for them? I can move them anywhere space isnt a problem. Hopefully someone undertands all the mumbojumbo I just typed Thanks mommas!!

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
ashkash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Carseat help?

I've always read that the child with the least safe seat should go in the safest seating position. In other words, since a booster seat isn't quite as safe as a convertible, the booster should go in the middle, and the convertible on one side. Or if one child is forward-facing and the other is rear-facing, you'd put the forward one in the middle, and the rear-facing child on the side. Hope that makes sense, lol!
#5 Due 11/2012 - It's a GIRL!

ashkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkash View Post
I've always read that the child with the least safe seat should go in the safest seating position. In other words, since a booster seat isn't quite as safe as a convertible, the booster should go in the middle, and the convertible on one side. Or if one child is forward-facing and the other is rear-facing, you'd put the forward one in the middle, and the rear-facing child on the side. Hope that makes sense, lol!
That's good to know! I've been putting the rear-facing convertable in the middle seat and the booster behind the passenger seat so I can see them both from the driver seat. I may have to make the switch.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would put one child in the center of the first back seat, (with the opening to the back on the drivers side, so they will be in the center of the car, but closest to behind the drivers seat) & the other seat in the back in the center... probably the forward facing child in the rear for ease of in & out...

just a note, when you are shoping for a new seat for your dd, make sure the higher weight is actually for the five point, not just for the booster (using the seatbelt)... the britax regent is one choice that goes to 80 pounds with the harness... our public health also sells one that harnesses to 55 or 65 pounds, for a great deal, $40 or $50 I think, (no income requirements) to help keep kids in the harness past the 40 pounds!

The omega & those seats can be misleading when they say "up to 80 or 100 pounds," because that's really only a harnessed seat to 40 pounds & a booster with the seatbelt til that max weight...

Hope this makes sense, if not, message me or contact one of the "offical" car seat techs, I'm sure they'll post a response before too long!

Last edited by mommy2zander; 11-02-2006 at 12:40 PM.
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote