Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #11
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Napping At Daycare

the only place dd has napped well is at dc.

try hard not to stress. it will sort itself out

Advertisement

Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #12
trippsmom
Registered Users
seller

Location: Little Rock, but my heart is still in Greenville, AL
My Mood:

I worked at a daycare in the infant room 0-12mos. We would let the babies be on their own schedules. We had some that would only go to sleep swaddled, some - one - that would only go to sleep nursing (my son), and others that just had to be put in the bed. It is a requirement, at least in Arkansas, that children not be allowed to sleep anywhere but in a crib at that age, not in toys, etc. We had one little girl that didn't take naps at all at home, but would sleep in 3-4 hour stretches with us.

I hope that the new dc meets your expectations. Don't expect it to happen in the first week, maybe even the first month, but your lo will settle in.
Rachel- CPST - wife to Lester and blessed to be the cd-ing, bw-ing, delay/selective vaxing and extended r****** and b****** pt-SAHM to my little man Tripp 12/22/07 And Aubrey Elisabeth 11/20/2009 My all natural drug-free hospital birth!
Riding in 2 Radian XTSL's, a Coccoro and True Fit Premier
trippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #13
Nikki_Nikk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Trust me- the caregivers want the child to be well rested as much as you want them to! So any tips that may transfer well from home is always appreciated!
As others have said, be prepared for a transition period which varies from child to child, and by contributing factors.
They will more than likely be worn out by the constant stimulation from their environment, peers and teachers, and babies generally listen to their bodies.
I just wanted to add, that don't be suprised if after a routine is developed, it seems to fall apart again. That's normal as well as the baby grows, and communication with the caregiver is the best way to get through it