Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Toddler Vaginal Discharge? TMI

I can't figure out if DD is having a little, as in super tiny, poop discharge, or if she is having slightly yellow brown vaginal discharge. I can't seem to find anything in the toddler books or online.....

Any of you have any expriernce with this?

I noticed it on one of her diapers I washed yesterday, and again on two diapers today. She has a cold and is teething so things are real fun at our house right now.

Thanks

Advertisement

Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Toddler Vaginal Discharge? TMI

ive never dealt with this, did you ccall her ped? i hope someone here can ease your mind about this, sorry i'm no help just wanted to post and let you know your question is important and i hope your little one feels better
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dd has had this! I never noticed in sposies but on the inserts of pocket diapers overnight I noticed almost a pink/brownish discharge.
I noticed it a few times and started giving her cranberry capsules on her oatmeal for a UTI. Took her to the dr, had the bag on her .. no UTI. It happened a few more times w/ several days and weeks sometimes in between "episodes" when I finally went to the Natural Pharmacy here and the woman who works there is a Nurse and she just smiled and told me it's perfectly normal for little girls to have this discharge, It is the shedding of something??..I can't remember what ~ But Very Normal

Just sharing MY DD's experience!
asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
Teresa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We've been through this, and my DD had a yeast infection. In fact, since she was wearing cloth diapers, the discharge was more obvious. In cloth, the discharge sits on the top of the diaper whereas the chemicals/ pellets in the disposable would suck it in right away. After a few days of the discharge, I took my DD to the pediatrician, and he said to use over the counter yeast infection cream. I did this, and it cleared up. I have also heard of people using plain yogurt (make sure there is no sugar in it) as a cream and this can also make the yeast go away. Hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
We've been through this, and my DD had a yeast infection. In fact, since she was wearing cloth diapers, the discharge was more obvious. In cloth, the discharge sits on the top of the diaper whereas the chemicals/ pellets in the disposable would suck it in right away. After a few days of the discharge, I took my DD to the pediatrician, and he said to use over the counter yeast infection cream. I did this, and it cleared up. I have also heard of people using plain yogurt (make sure there is no sugar in it) as a cream and this can also make the yeast go away. Hope this helps.
She has had yeast diaper rashes before but I always avoid putting the cream inside near her urethra, do you actually put it between the creases? Seems like that would hurt?

Thanks, I will call her ped if it does not change by the end of the day.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
ive never dealt with this, did you ccall her ped? i hope someone here can ease your mind about this, sorry i'm no help just wanted to post and let you know your question is important and i hope your little one feels better
Thank you! I just could not find anything in the books, and they usually cover way more than you would ever run into!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My son had a dark discharge when he got dehydrated. It also was after he'd had a cold for a while and wasn't taking in enough fluids. Could this be a possibility?

Hugs, mama.
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote