Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
StaceyM
Registered Users

Natural Migraine Relief?

In the past two weeks I've suddenly developed crippling migraines. I went to the ER yesterday and they gave me Fioricet. Now, it does great things for my migraines but it knocks me out for hours. Needless to say I can't take it when I need it since I am a mommy and DH works for 24 hours every 3rd day. Does anyone know of anything I can take to help without the awful side-effects? It doesn't even need to be something homeopathic.

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
alanajo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Natural Migraine Relief?

Have you tried Goodys Powders? They have asprin, tylenol, and caffiene in them. They taste like crap but they work wonders. Oh and try drinking a LARGE glass of water. If you are even a little dehydrated it can cause headaches.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:02 AM   #3
woolfulcomforts
Registered Users

My Mood:

at one point i had so bad headaches i was seeing double and didnt have good control of my right had. also my memory was crap.. i had a million test done and scans. and nothing all said im just heathy!! ahwhhhh

this is what helped me.. cold hot treatments..

use a hot pad to relax the pain and then super cold after to freeze it.. do not put warm on again..

also i took my piercing out of my ear.. the little part almost inside the ear.

also i stopped all pain meds. all birth control meds.

and i started excersizing.. and eatting only foods made in the country i live. (finland) no more imported stuff. and lots of water and salads with as many meals as i could.

no more headaches..

like really once in a while but better then all day everyday. to the point i felt i could not take care of my own kids.
woolfulcomforts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you can find your triggers that is the best, to then eliminate them. Some people have food triggers, like certain spices. For others its bright lights (I am one of those, among other things) or smells.

I take imitrex, but its hardly natural. I have also heard that caffeine will help, but thats only if you dont drink it on a regular basis. I do!@
Old 11-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
wass726
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

acupuncture!
wass726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #6
AshersMommy
Registered Users
seller

I used to have horrible migraines every day, that would last for hours at a time. Advil Migraine helped a little. Then, when I found out I was pregnant, I cut out all caffeine from my diet and started drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Two weeks later, I realized that I hadn't had a single migraine. Figured that out by forgetting to drink water... ooouch!

Couldn't believe my migraines were because I was so dehydrated!

Like to read? Want something new? Come join us in the March Used Book Swap!
AshersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #7
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

I am taking calcium/magnesium daily for maintainance since a crippling migraine I had last week. I will not take synthetic medications so I hope this works