Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:27 AM   #1
Registered Users
Britax Boulivard recall

Just in case you did't see this in the Off Topic Discussion board:

Just saw this on one of my tech boards. It only affects you if you are using your Boulivard for a child OVER 50lbs, and then they advize you discontinue use of the TOP tether. This recall will be released on December 1.

BRITAX CHILD SAFETY, INC. 1-888-4BRITAX (888-427-4829).

Model(s): Boulevard - E9L57 - Child restraint systems
Production Dates: March 1, 2006 - August 1, 2006
Noncompliance: During testing, the tether hook opened which fails to conform to the dynamic performance and child restraint system integrity requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 213, "Child Restraint Systems."
Corrective Action: If the top tether hook opens during a crash, the child restraint could change from an upright to a reclined position increasing the risk of injury to the child. Registered owners will automatically receive labels along with instructions advising caregivers to discontinue use of the top tether when the child reaches 50 lbs. Non-registered owners can obtain labels by contacting Britax at 1-888-427-4829. The recall is expected to begin on December 1, 2006.
NHTSA No.: 06C003000
NOTE: Britax will not assign a recall number to this campaign. Please refer to the NHTSA recall number listed above.

Jen, Wife to my army man, mom to 4 Kidlets
Ask me about your car seat questions, I am a child passenger safety instructor!
Dsunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote