Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #21
ColdBabe
Registered Users

Re: Foster to adopt intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee33 View Post
I am not sure what TPR stands for, I assume it means termination of parental rights. Anyway I think parents may have a certain amount of time to appeal the ruling. Our older FD was TPR'ed last September, and she still is not adopted. Birth mom appealed and that slowed things down some, but we haven't heard anything since doing our homestudy over a month ago. Here is OK they call it "Swift Adoption" Now we have the baby sister of the one we are adopting and are starting all over again... jury trial in Dec. to determine parental rights It can be very frustrating, but I wouldn't change any of it.

In our case, birthmom relinquished voluntarily and birthdad has never been in the picture so his went uncontested. But, you're right, the 6 months might be to protect the state should birthdad suddenly resurface.

Good luck with the siblings! Is it just the two of them from those birthparents?

Advertisement

ColdBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #22
JayCee33
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Foster to adopt intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBabe View Post
Good luck with the siblings! Is it just the two of them from those birthparents?
Birth mom actually has three other daughters with two different dads. We keep in contact with them. Then birth dad I think has two other children, but we don't know anything about them.
JayCee33 is offline   Reply With Quote