Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question Introducing a bottle??

At what point did you introduce a bottle of breastmilk? Or did you ever give your little one a bottle? I know that my mom never gave me or my siblings a bottle because she was a SAHM. My little one is only just barely a month old and I feel no need to introduce a bottle at this point. In fact for some reason I don't really understand I'm really kinda against the idea of introducing a bottle at all.

Problem being my MIL is really really pressuring me to start giving my dd bottles of breastmilk so that she can babysit this weekend. Ugh, what can I tell her to get her to back off?

Tara wife to David, mommy to Danica 6-23-08, Harlow 7-13-10, and Thea 12-17-2013.
That's right, we've been blessed with 3 girls!
taralee2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Introducing a bottle??

I gave my LO his first bottle at about 2 months old. I have some health issues that subject me to ct scans/MRIs and I can't BF for a day or 2 (or 3)when I get those so I had to have my mom give him formula in a bottle. I pumped what I could and only got an ounce out of each breast at any given time.
I understand that your MIL wants to babysit. My mom was dying to babysit cause this was the only one of her grandbabies that lived near her as a newborn. But, you have to do what you want to do. If you're not ready to give your baby a bottle, then hold off till you feel ready. There will be plenty of time for her to babysit. Remind her of how bad she wanted to babysit when your LO is in their terrible twos. LOL .
Just tell her that you think it's too early, but that you do plan on doing it at some point.
My_3_Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote