Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
aboutachild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I got a job....

Well now I have 2, LOL. So I have been doing Pampered Chef for a little over a month and I have about 4 parties a month so far, but the PC paycheck just wasn't cutting it (yet) so I had to find something else or I would have to go back FT when school starts. I was talking to my friends husband (he's a SAHD) and he told me he delivers the papers, I asked him about pay and hours and it was perfect for me.

Get this: I am a contracted 1099 employee so no taxes are taken out, I get paid once a week, I can go in when I choose (I just have to have them delivered by 6), I go in about 3:30 am and I'm home by 6 so all of my kiddos are asleep, and I can bring one or all of them if I want to (DS is coming to help tonight)! I love it, yeah it s*cks getting up so early but I don't miss anything and they don't miss me, plus the pay is 300-400 a week for part time (more than I "need") so we can do some fun stuff with the rest of our summer!!

Advertisement

ISO: Girly ToddlerHawk, Any kind of yarn, A yarn swift, Advocacy Ts in 3T for DD or L/XL for me (BF or CD), PP
aboutachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #2
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I got a job....

that sounds great. i'd get up that early if it meant I got to spend most of the day with my lo.

That does sound nice! Would you have to pay in taxes later? Just curious. My former sitter of course didn't have taxes taken out of her pay though she still had to file...i never knew how all of that worked.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

AS a 1099 employee you have to pay taxes on that money. If you get your taxes done privately (not by HR Block or some place like that) they can help you a LOT with the Tax issue.

I was a 1099 employee for several years. There was one year that I made $96,000 (not including DH's income). And I got a tax refund!
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
aboutachild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I will have to pay taxes on my earnings come April but when I was working a W-4 type job I would get more back than I paid in so I am hoping it will even out. Plus I can take deductions, like mileage, supplies, food (that I have to buy for PC).

I always claimed at least 3 on my W-4 so I would have less taxes taken out anyway and with the 1099 they don't take any so I'm not giving the government a free loan so to speak!!
ISO: Girly ToddlerHawk, Any kind of yarn, A yarn swift, Advocacy Ts in 3T for DD or L/XL for me (BF or CD), PP
aboutachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
Mommimi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Taxes and death - the 2 certainties in life. Congrats mama. Sounds like its gonna work out for you.