Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Strange Problem with DH

Okay here is the issue. DH works pretty much by himself all day and sometimes gets very bored so he calls me. Now I know a lot of you are saying "I'd love for my DH to call me from work" but the problem is he wants to sit on the phone for hours and I can't get ANYTHING done! And then when he gets home he can't understand why I have not gotten half of what I planned to done. I just cannot THINK when I'm on the phone with someone all day. It's one thing when I'm folding laundry or something but I'm going crazy! I can't seem to make him understand that just because HE can work AND talk on the phone does not mean I can! It's gotten to the point that I DREAD seeing his name come up on my phone! He gets offended when I want to get off the phone and I have ALWAYS hated being on the phone (and he USED to also). Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
JDT
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Strange Problem with DH

SAy "baby can I call you right back." Then don't.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
Mommimi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Would a bluetooth or some other wireless ear peice solve it? You could walk around the house and run after LO and still be on the phone with DH.
Can you also "schedule" time on the clock to talk to DH so that he does not interfer with other stuff?
That's what I do when DH is traveling. We block out time to chat with each other.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Joyful Tie Dyes
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
SAy "baby can I call you right back." Then don't.
LOL I tried that one! He just calls me!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
Joyful Tie Dyes
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommimi View Post
Would a bluetooth or some other wireless ear peice solve it? You could walk around the house and run after LO and still be on the phone with DH.
Can you also "schedule" time on the clock to talk to DH so that he does not interfer with other stuff?
That's what I do when DH is traveling. We block out time to chat with each other.
I have a bluetooth thingy which I use sometimes(when I don't lose it), my biggest problem is that I just can't concentrate on what I'm doing when talking on the phone. I love him dearly and I'd love to talk to him when he gets home or even during his lunch but not ALL DAY!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Katiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think you just need to be honest with him, but doing it in a very loving way. Tell him that you're so lucky that he has a job that allows you to talk to him, but sadly your job doesn't allow you to talk on the phone as much as you have been doing. You could suggest that it's really hard for you to get all your chores done while you're on the phone, and that even though you would LOVE chat with him, you really want to get the floor mopped as well (so you can spend quality time with him when he gets home, rather than having to clean the floor when he gets home).
Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote