Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
platup
Registered Users
seller

WWB week three 10/30

Hey hey mamas! Ok, today is the day.....yuck....of weigh in for me. So, I was a HUGE HUGE HUGE slacker last week. I was tired all week because of my family being here (and keeping me up late EATING) until Tuesday, then four days of plowing through the leftovers so it didn't get wasted. I added salads to meals to cut down on the starchy yumminess I was consuming and the last bit of apple crisp was FINALLY eaten by my DH on Saturday night. So, basically, yesterday was my only "good" day and I didn't even count points last week. ugh.

Drum roll please......
173.5 down 0.5lbs. Phew.....

At least I didn't gain. I'll take half a pound ANY day. So needless to say I started myself a spreadsheet for this week to track me eating. I probably need to get a little notebook I carry with me for this too....but this week is major interior house dealing with week so my laptop will be on most of the time anyway.

Now, for this week's topic. hmmmm..... I'm going to go with dinner ideas under 10 points. I need some ideas for dinners my entire family can enjoy. Right now, my "go to" dinner is chicken breast cooked in olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper, and lemon with a big ol' helping of broccoli, and a salad. Points depend on the size of the chix breast. Then I make rice or potatoes for the DH and Adeline. They usually have bread too, then I just drool. LOL

Any ideas for me mamas???

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWB week three 10/30

Well i didn't gain or loose this week. I have a hard time loosing any weight regardless of what i do so last week was probably water weight. i have made some goals for myself this week. I want to stay on program all week within points and exercise at least 3 days for 30 mins. I did it this morning so 2 more times this week.

Low point dinner ideas
my fave. veggie pizza 6, big ol' salad 0, lite dressing 1
grilled chicken thigh no skin 2, grilled veggies 0, mashed patatos 3, lite sour cream 1

I wish i could eat healthier dinners i think that is where most of my mistakes are is at dinner time cause i share dinner duty with MIL since we live next door i cook every other night and on the night she cooks she thinks everything she makes is health most of it is fried. The other night it was fried pork fritters, french fries and fried mac and cheese i don't even know how to figure points for some of the stuff she makes.
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
platup
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by peverroad View Post

I wish i could eat healthier dinners i think that is where most of my mistakes are is at dinner time cause i share dinner duty with MIL since we live next door i cook every other night and on the night she cooks she thinks everything she makes is health most of it is fried. The other night it was fried pork fritters, french fries and fried mac and cheese i don't even know how to figure points for some of the stuff she makes.
Oh my, I am right there with you mama! How awesome to have 'switch' nights with your MIL though. Maybe on her days, those are the days to eat an almost zero point lunch and have a HUGE salad with dinner to fill you up. I couldn't resist those tasty treats! Fried Mac and Cheese! OH MY YUMMINESS!

I think I'll make zero point lunches the topic for next week. I've been working on a few for the nights when my ILs are here and we go out, or those nights that DH wants pizza (which would be EVERY night if I let him!). I have some neat recipes I'm going to try for this week and we'll make it next week's topic. 0-5 point lunches so you can eat almost any dinner in moderation. kwim??
Old 10-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #4
JakesMom
Registered Users

Hi Ladies!! Well, During the first part of the week I was 135.5 (down 1 pound), but the last 3 days I didn't eat very well, plus I'm starting my period (can I blame it on water weight!?!) LOL So I'm back up to my last-week's weight today. 136.5. That's okay, it's not a gain, and I gave myself a pep talk yesterday so I'll be better this week. And I probably should take responsibility for it! I didn't work out once this week, and didn't eat all that great! P.S. When I weighed myself and was up a pound, I said "Oh, I'm just constipated!" lol 1 pound of you know what, yah right! I said the same thing in early pregnancy when I was gaining quicker than expected too. Everyone kept asking if it was twins! Here's to a better week!!! I'll write back later with dinner ideas. Gotta get Jake in the bathtub before he gets too sleepy. Have a great day!
-Megan
Old 10-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, I didn't attend my WW meeting last Friday because I am out of town.

I am trying to be good though! I have extended my stay here another week, so this Friday I am going to find a meeting and weigh in!

Hmmmm...I will share one of my favorite dinners. Not too sure of the point value because I do the Core program, but I think it is fairly low.

Chicken fingers and french fries! Yummy!
Blend Oatmeal/garlic/season salt/and a tad of Italian seasoning in a blender.
Coat boneless/skinless Chicken Breasts (I cut the breasts into strips but you don't have to) in egg and then dunk them into the oatmeal mixture.
Place chicken on a greased (Pam spray) cookie sheet and spray the tops with a bit of Pam spray.
350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes

Peel and cut potatoes (thick or thin whatever you prefer)
Mix in a bowl with a couple tsp of Olive Oil and some seasonings (I use Season Salt and fresh chopped garlic)
Spread them out on a cookie sheet.
400 degrees for about 45 minutes or so. (These take longer to crisp up than the chicken takes to cook, so I usually put in all in the over together, remove chicken when done and turn up the oven for the remainder of the cooking time)

Very Yummy!!

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #6
platup
Registered Users
seller

Aw man, just realized I got Boo'd about ten times and forgot to add it to my siggy. Oh well, next game. LOL

Ok, so had to add a quick note for this week. I'm doing OK, how are you mamas doing?? I'm worried about you as it's now Thursday and I don't see very many posts.....WHERE ARE ALL MY MAMAS AT??!!

I'm doing JUST ok, not great, but OK. Trying the Green Tea thing today that a pp suggested. Coffee is seriously my crutch so it's hard to switch and this tea just does NOT get dark enough. But we'll see how it goes. I know I'll cave and hit Starbucks this afternoon though....*sigh*....I try to keep my coffees at 2pts though.

DH has been a HORRIBLE supporter this week. DD got shots on Tuesday (Halloween, I know, I'm an idiot) so he took her to MCDONALD's for lunch afterward. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? I had to leave the room. I didn't eat any but I swear I was shaking with the cravings. Then of course, there was Halloween, jeepers, all my favorite chocolately goodnesses laying around the house. I gave almost ALL of it away, thank goodness. I only let DH save stuff I didn't really care about that he likes (kit kats, plain M&M's and Reese's cups) but I did have to break down and have two fun sized Almond Joy's for dinner. Those are probably my fav candy bar behind 100Grands.

THEN to top it all off, DH went and picked up a few groceries yesterday and bought two HUMONGOUS Rice Krispie treats from the bakery. OH MY YUMMINESS! I was good though, I only cut off a tiny chunk, about four good sized bites worth and it was enough for me.

Phew, ok, so there is my saga and it's only Thursday. Now to top it all off my washing machine is broken, so unless DH can fix it, (which if you knew him, you'd be laughing hysterically right now at that) we'll be shopping for a new one tonight. Which, yes, sounds somewhat exciting, however, it also means we'll probably be eating out.

Off to find some nutritional info from Chipotle. Amazing how things you think should be "healthy" are super high in points. (like Uncle Bens long grain wild rice 90 seconds in the micro side dish....FOUR POINTS!!??).

Hope you mamas are having an easier week than me!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Hey ladies! I am so sorry for the delayed check-in. My parents have been here all week and so it has been hard to get on for more than a few minutes.

So my weight last fri was 155.4, down 2 lbs .

I was supposed to weigh in today, but of course I was to chicken because of the way I ate this week with my parents in town....So I am going to do it tomorrow, with an on track day today. (give me strength mama's )

My question: How do you combat the "screw it" attitude? And here is why I ask-With my parents in town it has been so hard to be on track. They brought a huge bowl of candy, it was my mom's b-day and Halloween. By last night I was like "who cares, I'm gonna eat a huge choco-chip cookie and drink wine" and today I am feeling a little defeated. KWIM? I want this, but I sometimes feel the biggest battle is with myself .

Anyway-I hope everyone had a great week....I will post my #'s tomorrow.

Jen-BTW, I LOVE 100grand and Almond Joy, I ate those out of dd's TorT basket already! *bangs head again!*

Last edited by heathersgirls; 11-03-2006 at 10:26 AM.
heathersgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #8
platup
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathersgirls View Post

My question: How do you combat the "screw it" attitude? And here is why I ask-With my parents in town it has been so hard to be on track. They brought a huge bowl of candy, it was my mom's b-day and Halloween. By last night I was like "who cares, I'm gonna eat a huge choco-chip cookie and drink wine" and today I am feeling a little defeated. KWIM? I want this, but I sometimes feel the biggest battle is with myself
I know how you feel mama. I do this too. This week I've tried to mentally think of "being good" as "treating myself"....kwim? Like today, was Addy and mommy day. We usually hit Panera for lunch at the outdoor mall, walk to Old Navy, return items we bought last week that didn't fit/didn't need (I'm a huge impulse shopper and I can't try on clothes w/DD around) and then walk to some other stores or whatever. She's 18mo, so the walking outside by herself thing is a big deal to her. Anyway, they had my fav soup there, Cream of Chicken with Wild Rice which I am certain has got to be about 100 points for a cup of it, then there is the new sandwich panini that I adore, but again, super fattening.....I stood there and stared at the menu, thinking of how I used to be a perfect size 8 pant at ON and now I'm somewhere between 14 and 16. So, I ordered the smoked turkey, no cheese, no mayo on whole grain with the low fat veggie soup and an iced tea with a fruit cup as my side dish. It almost made me sad to have to order that to "be good" but once it was done, it tasted yummy, I was full and we were off to shop. DD was in a GREAT mood so I milked it for all it was worth and tried on PANTS. The 14's were too big. I was so excited and at that moment was VERY glad I didn't give into the impulse eating I almost did. KWIM? So, I looked at it as a 'splurge' and I take it one meal at a time. Every meal I can stay "on point" is one more step closer to fitting back into my old clothes and not having to be sad when I try them on anymore. I've also decided I'm not buying ANY more clothing (even though I really do need some) in my current size. Until I can squeeze into the next size down, every time I go shopping, I try on something, if it doesn't fit yet, I don't get to buy it. I figure there is always something cute I want and one of these days, I will get into those size 12's (HOPFULLY BEFORE THANKSGIVING) and I'll get to buy myself a super cute new pair of pants. Now, shirts, are always going to be a problem as I had HUGE boobs even when I was 125lbs, so I've always worn L or XL shirts, it's pants that are ticking me off right now, and the gut that hangs out over them

OK, dh needs the puter, I can do another mind dump later.... I am so glad I have you girls to do this with. I don't think I'd be doing even half as well (and that's not that great as I have been back and forth on how well I've been doing) without you
Old 11-05-2006, 01:08 AM   #9
JakesMom
Registered Users

Jen- thanks for the posts! I have had a busy week! Just got back from camping today, only in time to take a quick nap and go to a birthday party. So can I just say... yummy (and seriously off-limits) foods!!! Camping breakfasts are always delicious (eggs, bacon, cheese) and it was an Irish Bday Bash, so we filled up on corned beef & cabbage, carrots, potatoes, rolls, and of course chocolate cake! I can totally relate to Heather's comment, and I feel like I've had the same attitude. I don't think I fully committed myself mentally when I started this thing. I feel like I can eat a lot and still stay within my point limit (with the 10 added breastfeeding points) and I have been eating way too much candy and then compensating (points-wise) by eating rice cakes later. I ate healthier before I started this! But I've done WW before, and if done right, it's really well-balanced and healthy... I'm just abusing it because we have 2 huge bowls of candy in the house.
So despite the bad eating, my weight isn't increasing... that's horrible reinforcement of the bad eating!!!

I like how you put it, that you are "treating" yourself by eating good. If I just stay in a healthy mindset, it's much easier. Thinking of food as nourishment for me and for Jake, not being in a hurry, and pre-planning is huge too. Another thing I remind myself is "you are what you eat", literally. It's true! I don't know why I put half the things into my body that I do! It's just the eating without thinking that I do most of the time, and that I'm trying to get away from.

Okay, thanks for the posts ladies. P.S. I did have some good days... on Thursday I was snacking on fresh raw green beans... sooooo delicious and fresh and yummy! Also grilled onions and bell peppers are a delicious healthy side dish, but it is sooo flavorful that it seems like it would "cost" a lot (points).
With all the beating myself up, I do have a proud moment of the week... I took DS on stroller walk and set up picnic... he did tummytime while I did situps, then I did some mommy&me yoga, and on the way home I did some squats and lunges with the stroller. Thinking the entire time, "Why don't I do this more often!?!?!?' It was great and Jake loved it too!
Another great way to get exercise: Dance around the house! Jake and I two-step all over the house and we also do line dancing and ballroom dancing. Fun fun!

Don't know my current weight, but tonight I wore a skirt that didn't fit 2 weeks ago! You guys help me so much! I need to stay plugged in so I can eat better and not rely on my vitamins and JuicePlus ... trying to think "health".
(sorry for the long rambling post!)
-Megan