Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: NC mamas I need your help!

Hey mama, I have lived in NC for about 12 years now. I live in Pilot Mountain 15 mins frrom Mayberry, (Andy Griffth show)LOL!! Charlotte has lots of traffic, when I go to Concord Mills (outlet mall) I stear away from 5 oclock traffic. LOL!!! I used to live in Salisbury which is about 25 mins from Charlotte and it was nice but we only lived there for 2 years. There is lots to do, there is an amusement park Carowinds, you are about 5 hours from the beach and the Blue ridge Parkway runs through most of NC, there is so much to do in Charlotte you will not be bored. LOL!!!

mama to Dylan 5/13/93 , Katie 5/22/06 and Savana 1/16/08

tralynne75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've lived in the foothills of NC for 4 years now. I love how beautiful the area is. We homeschool and are actually starting a new homeschool support group in our area.

cd'ing, bf'ing, hsing, SAHM of Chip (8/9/04), Josh (12/16/05), and Nevaeh our miracle 7 weeks early (5/25/08)
sweetangelfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yay! I'm getting excited now!

Since we would be coming from AZ, I'm sure that the traffic in NC won't seem so bad to us I would love to move now since it's been soooo hot here the past couple of days. It was 116 degrees yesterday! I told DH that I would love to be in an area where we can enjoy our summers rather than dread them.

Sadly, it will be at least a year before we move. I heard nice things about the Lake Norman area. I guess I'm mostly looking forward to a home with a nice big yard

Thanks again mamas for all the tips
Hi! I'm Hillary, mama to two beautiful girlies, Avery Lauren 2/15/08, and Carleigh Louise 8/16/10, and wifey to Trav the eternal romantic "There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going" ~Willy Wonka
hillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

We moved to NC from Miami, FL two years ago this month. We live in Salisbury, its about 30 mins from Charlotte. The weather is a whole lot better than FL. You actually get to see the seasons here. I've been in traffic here and it does not compare to where I come from. You're going to enjoy it a bunch! Good luck with your move.
~Z, Wifey to a wonderful DH & SAHM to five blessings
(B-12yrs, P-11yrs, S-6yrs, and J-2yr) ** Lilly Sophia, born 7/24/09!!**

mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 AM   #15
Registered Users

Honestly, you're gonna love Charlotte. I've never been to AZ (my hubby lived out there though). I grew up in FL all over and I hear the two are comparable... Charlotte is so much nicer!

If you look at the map, the area south of 277 and north of 4 has sooo many trees. Freedom Park is an awesome place to take your little one. There are mama groups that meet up there all the time & a big old train that doesnt run anymore for kids to play on.

Lots of nice neighborhoods, completely depends on what you're looking for. I got a ton of helpful info on this question specifically before moving over on's forums.

Weather, only complaint I have at all after spending my life in FL is the heat here in the summer. Last summer was horribly dry, over 100 many many days in a row & without my ocean breeze, I was miserable lol. This summer hasn't been so bad though and I LOVE seeing all four seasons!

Anything else ya wanna know just ask! We've had to figure it all out for ourselves this past year. It can be sooo overwhelming.
devoneri is offline   Reply With Quote