Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #11
babiesabove
Registered Users
seller

Re: At what age did you dc start solid foods?

My DS was 7 1/2 mo. we stalled him out for more than a month after he started showing interest and grabbing for our plates.

My DD was 8 1/2 almost 9 mo. old. Again we just waited for her to start grabbing off our plates.

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #12
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Taci just had her first major meal tonight. She's 7 1/2 months. It was pot roast,carrots and potatos
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #13
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

DD was very young, like 8wks. With ds he is 4 1/2 months now and gets 2 tbsp of rice cereal in the AM and that is pretty much it. I have given him sweet potatoes and pears, but decided it would be easier on him to stick with the cereal until 6 months. He handled the other fine, just didn't want to push things.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #14
cgs189
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my boys it was around 5-6 mos.

With Cassidy she was 4.5 mos. I really wanted to wait until 6 mos, but she was constantly nursing and I couldnt take it anymore. So we started w/ avocado and bananas, and now we have moved onto squash, sweet potatoes, and applesauce. We kinda skipped over the rice cereal, she only gets that now if Im outta other food for her.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

First DD was 5 months...had I known better I would have waited just a bit more. Second DD was 6 months with just a bit of cereal (homemade) in the evening to start to control her reflux. We very slowly added fruits and veggies and at 9 months old I added a second meal into the mix and at 9 1/2 months old a third meal.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #16
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

around 10/11mths, he had no interest and allergies, we did try to introduce rice cereal at 6mths but he reacted. technically hes still "starting" because he only has a few spoonfuls of solids once every 2-3weeks.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #17
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2cntrykids View Post
I'm just curious. My first ds was about 5.5 months, my second ds wasn't even 5 months (he was/is a chow hound, lol). Now with dd being alittle over 5 months I'm thinking about it, but don't want to deal w/the poop.

ok this is funny because I started my son on solids at 4 months, for a few reasons, one he was definitely ready, but also I was the opposite. I was tired of the BF poop!!! It was ridiculous...he would have these ginormous poops, and I was having to start rinsing his dipes becuase there was so much poop and it was just gross. and it was coming out of his diapers and it was so nasty looking...I couldn't stand it anymore...it was nothing like the newborn poop. So I figured solids would help thicken it up and solidify it. now he poops in formed poop and It just rolls right off his dipes to the toilet!!!! So much better IMO. and he gets ceral with fruit usually applesauce in morning, veggie purees for lunch and dinner. I started out small though and just watched what he needed and added as I went.

HTH!
e_mom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #18
A'smommy
Registered Users

About 8 months is when we introduced it, but she wasn't interested. Not until she was almost 1 year old did she really want to eat with us. By that time the pedi had thrown up his hands and said, "Just give her a little of whatever you're eating, as long as it's not a choking hazard!" She's 18 m.o. now and her favorite food is "Sheeese!" (cheese)

Worked great for us...I'm told kids with older siblings get interested in solids younger cause they want to copy.