Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Prayers Please - Risk of Premature Birth

Everyone,

My cousin, Chandra, is in desperate need of your prayers. She is 22 weeks pregnant with her second daughter, Catharine Faith. She has been in and out of the hospital for what seemed like she was leaking fluid but they kept telling her they couldn't find any traces of fluid. They confirmed this morning that she has torn her amniotic sack and is leaking fluid and they will be transferring her to North Carolina State Hospital where they have an excellent NICU. They will try to keep this pregnancy as long as possible but if Chandra develops an infection they will have to deliver the baby.

Please pray for Chandra's family. Their names are Chandra, Justin, Madelyn and the soon to be Catharine. Please pray that they will be able to keep this pregnancy for as long as possible and that Chandra will not develop an infection. Please pray for Catharine that if delivered soon she will be able to survive and thrive through all the challenges she will need to endure.

If you have any success stories of similar situations please send them this way - you may also email them to jessicareid823@gmail.com and I will make sure they get to her.

Thank you so much.

Jessica

Advertisement

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prayers Please - Risk of Premature Birth

I had a friend who's water was leaking and she went on bedrest. She didn't end up having the baby for another 10 weeks so it is possible!
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #3
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

I am sending good vibes her way!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #4
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wishing the best of luck to chandra and her family... i DO KNOW that the bag can reseal and if it is a slow leak, often the baby keep up with fluid production. I know several stories from my high risk pregnancy board, where moms were able to stay pregnant for weeks after they started leaking.
I am certain they are givng her steroid treatment. or maybe they will in a week or so. I was in active labor and 3 cm with my youngest at 25 weeks and the neonatologist told me that the 2 steriod shots make a HUGE differnce.. I ws however blessed that they got everything under control and i delivered at 41 weeks.
Keeping them in my prayers. I know that alot of hospitals have internest access in the antepartum area of hte hosptial. and it is so they can lay down. maybe she can look up a great online support group as well!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Well, my SIL was not able to stop the leaking and did end up having the baby by C-section at 24 weeks...but I now have a BEAUTIFUL little niece that is almost a year old and has little to NO problems at all. She is a wonderful little miracle and I know there are more stories like her out there. So, even if she does have to have the baby a little early, there is still hope.
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #6
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Prayers coming mama!!!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #7
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My cousin had her baby at 29 weeks and they were worried for awhile, but that baby just had her 3rd birthday on Oct 26
Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When we knew Jackson was going to be early, I had two rounds of steroid shots and Jackson was born perfect! Just tiny.

I will keep the family in my prayers. Jackson was born at 35 weeks. I can't imagine a 22 weeker!