View Poll Results: POLL: For how long do you recommend co-sleeping?
1 year or less 9 23.68%
2 years or less 2 5.26%
3 years or less 12 31.58%
4 years or less 5 13.16%
5 years or less, or more 10 26.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2006, 03:34 AM   #11
mamas120
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long do you recommend co-sleeping?

Well Madison is still in our bed and she is 3 and we are looking to transition her to her own bed, we both keep saying we are gonna have her sleep in her bed but never do it, but we will very soon.

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2006, 08:21 AM   #12
jaseyandmallorysmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say as long as everyone is comfortable too. We have a king and a twin pushed together. I bought a tee thing to fill in the gap from Bed Bath and Beyond and had a special bed sheet made to fit it.

My children are 3.5 years and 18 mts. I can not imagine them anywhere else. Everyone here is very happy and comfortable.

Falling asleep with my family all snuggled close it's just so much the vision of love for me. To sooth them in the night from a bad dream before they even fully wake up or to comfort them if they are having a restless sleep is to me very important. Plus to wake up in the morning to sweet kisses and whispers of "good morning momma" I will cherish every moment and when they are ready (whenever that may be) we will go bed shopping for them.

Just to be sure I am clear though, follow your heart co-sleeping is a personal choice and is not right for every family. Sorry so long winded.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:21 PM   #13
rawkstarwife
Registered Users

I still cosleep at 20 months, have tried weaning him out of it a few times to partial success but in the end we always wind up back in bed together. I honestly prefer him in bed with me anyway. I'm sure my opinion will change once he gets older, but for now, I wouldn't want it any other way!
rawkstarwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:27 PM   #14
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't vote because I think as long as everyone (mom, dad and kids) are comfortable then co-sleep away!

I wish we had a king sized bed because we probably would co-sleep. DS spends most of the night in his own bed, but comes into bed w/ us in the morning.

And this afternoon, DS and I took a blissful 3 hr nap together! I loved it!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #15
punkmama3
Registered Users

We co-slept with our 2 oldest for years, lol. Jade was about 4 when he "wanted his own bed", and Arianna (2 at the time) followed him and the now share a bed together still. Although, we all share a bedroom, and their bed is a step away from ours. And they know they can sleep with us whenever they want to.
Right now, our 15 mth old is sleeping with us, and we will be joined by another baby in 2 mths!
And we've had a double bed for years, hahahahaha

Old DS feedback here: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=2838.0
punkmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #16
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did co-sleeping until Taiven was over 5 but I was a single mom so my bed had tons of room, though once he was about 5 1/2 he learned to get in his own bed I had to wean him out though it was a LONG time before he stopped asking to sleep with me at night...I think I let him sleep with me for so long because it was what we were both used to and being that he has SID he does not like to be touched or cuddled so that really was our only cuddle time, I loved that time with him But now that I am about to be married I could not imagine having a 5+ year old in my queen sized bed with me at 5'9'' and fiance at 6'3'' man we already needa bigger bed just for us...