Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
anyone NOT use an agency for international?

Ok so I am just in the "information" stage... as we are trying to get our finances together and some things paid off... but I am looking through all of the agencies and rules, etc and I was wondering who has adopted from overseas without an agency? I lived in Africa for a couple years and actually worked as a "go-between" with a local hospital and police station and a baby orphanage that was in the capital. I would take care of the abandoned babies until they could be placed into the baby orphanage... it was the hardest thing to leave them at the orphanage (it was an awesome orphanage) because i personally felt like I was abandoning the baby myself. It was really hard to name the baby, visit it at the hospital as often as I could, and keep the baby in my house then have to give him/her up. I was 20at the time and that was against the regulations for Kenya or I would have kept one.

So here is my question... why do I have to spend all of this money on agency fees when I have been the one to personally take the baby away from the hospital, go to the court to get the papers finalize to say it is abandoned with no relatives to care for it, then put it in an orphanage. I still have LOTS of contacts overseas and there just has to be an easier way to do this... and cheaper too. Heck if i "had" (you wouldnt have to twist my arm) to fly over a couple times to get everything finalized thats still cheaper than the agencies.

is this possible???

Mama to Eli Rivers, Levi Wolf, Leland Malachi
in my heart forever Skyler Hope, Noah Journey, Natalina Grace, & Jebediah Willow
awaiting His timing in our children from Africa
sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote