Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
jrpbrown1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
ME Airflow sizing ?

Hi mamas,
I need some help deciding what to do. I decided to take a break from my "Fussy" Bunz and try some prefolds and covers. I ordered the M/L size Airflows for my DD. I tried them on her and while they fit nicely they leave slight red marks on her thighs when snapped on the middle snap. She is 15 months, 22-23ish lbs and 32 inches tall.

Is any redness an indication of the cover being too tight?

Should I have gone with the larges?

Will I be able to get much use out of these if she is already on the last (loosest) leg snap?

Thanks. I am so indecisive, I don't know what to do.

Jessica

Advertisement

jrpbrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: ME Airflow sizing ?

With these covers, a slight red mark doesn't bother me. DS is the same age and "tells me" when he is uncomfortable. If it is the kind that looks like the skin is breaking definitely size up. Hang on to those MLs though, her thighs might thin out as she gets bigger and her shape changes. My ML MEAFs fit DS on the last snaps and he is about 26 lbs. The larges also fit him but on the middle snaps. HTH!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

Your baby probably won't grow anyomre in the thighs so put them on the loosest snaps and you should still get plenty of wear out of it Like the PP said she may lose weight and thin out so you should have plenty of wear out of them as long as the rise and waist is fine
Old 11-09-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I've been using a large since about 20 lbs. DS is 33 lbs now. Maybe it was baggy in the beginning, but it still fit fine, and this cover just keeps going and going and going...
Old 11-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #5
jrpbrown1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the input. I think we'll keep them for now. ME has such a great return policy I'll just use one just in case I do decide to trade up. I double checked the redness this morning and it is just on the front of her thigh, not all the way around. To me, this suggests they are fitting just fine, no?

You're right, if anything she is apt to slim down not chub up at this age.

TY!
jrpbrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had that problem with dd. I never tried another size, and ended up selling the covers. Her measurements were withing the M/L range but it left a mark even on the loosest thigh setting, and we needed the tightest waist setting. I do know that her thighs are still the same size over a year later, and my ds who had the same size thighs as dd at that time is now thinner.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote