Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
Taylormommy318's Avatar
Taylormommy318
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 570
My Mood:
Trainer questions

My DS is 18 months old and we are working on potty training. I was thinking of switching to trainers for him but had a couple questions. He hasn't started using the potty yet so if he pees or poops in them will they leak? What are the best trainers for a 35lb chunky toddler? Do I need to use covers over trainers? Thanks for any info mamas.

Advertisement

__________________
Kara
Mommy to Chase '07 and Madison '08
Wife to Josh

Last edited by Taylormommy318; 08-13-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: oops
Taylormommy318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
jenna0913's Avatar
jenna0913
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 522
My Mood:
Re: Trainer questions

I started with gerber trainer and plastic covers. We are now moving to an AIO trainers that a wonderful mama on here made me. It opens on the side so when my DS poops in them it doesn't smear down his leg. But stills pulls up and down like underwear.
Jennifer
jenna0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
lawgirl's Avatar
lawgirl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Not Here
Posts: 1,407
My Mood:
Re: Trainer questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormommy318 View Post
My DS is 18 months old and we are working on potty training. I was thinking of switching to trainers for him but had a couple questions. He hasn't started using the potty yet so if he pees or poops in them will they leak? What are the best trainers for a 35lb chunky toddler? Do I need to use covers over trainers? Thanks for any info mamas.
I hope you are not seriously frustrated with him. 18 months old is very early for potty training, especially for a boy. I'm not judging at all, but a little one like your son is going to require a ton of patience and work.

I recently bought some trainers from Snap-Ez (I think that is the name) and they run very large, so those would probably work for you. She has stuffables as well as AIOs. I bought ours to night-train my three year old, but they have some for day-training as well. Boy prints and girls too. Good luck.

Last edited by lawgirl; 08-13-2008 at 09:00 AM.
lawgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
Taylormommy318's Avatar
Taylormommy318
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 570
My Mood:
Re: Trainer questions

OMG, no I didn't mean it to sound that way. I am not frustrated at all. We JUST started with the potty and are going at his pace. I guess I shouldn't have put that. I know it will take him a while, and we aren't pushing it I just wanted to switch to some pull on trainers to make it a little easier on both of us. Thanks for the info on the trainers, I will look into them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
I hope you are not seriously frustrated with him. 18 months old is very early for potty training, especially for a boy. I'm not judging at all, but a little one like your son is going to require a ton of patience and work.

I recently bought some trainers from Snap-Ez (I think that is the name) and they run very large, so those would probably work for you. She has stuffables as well as AIOs. I bought ours to night-train my three year old, but they have some for day-training as well. Boy prints and girls too. Good luck.
__________________
Kara
Mommy to Chase '07 and Madison '08
Wife to Josh
Taylormommy318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
lawgirl's Avatar
lawgirl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Not Here
Posts: 1,407
My Mood:
Re: Trainer questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormommy318 View Post
OMG, no I didn't mean it to sound that way. I am not frustrated at all. We JUST started with the potty and are going at his pace. I guess I shouldn't have put that. I know it will take him a while, and we aren't pushing it I just wanted to switch to some pull on trainers to make it a little easier on both of us. Thanks for the info on the trainers, I will look into them
I thought you just threw that in, but I was just checking. Smilies can be dangerous.
lawgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
Taylormommy318's Avatar
Taylormommy318
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 570
My Mood:
Re: Trainer questions

Anyone else have suggestions?
__________________
Kara
Mommy to Chase '07 and Madison '08
Wife to Josh
Taylormommy318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.