Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
Taylormommy318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Trainer questions

My DS is 18 months old and we are working on potty training. I was thinking of switching to trainers for him but had a couple questions. He hasn't started using the potty yet so if he pees or poops in them will they leak? What are the best trainers for a 35lb chunky toddler? Do I need to use covers over trainers? Thanks for any info mamas.

Advertisement

Last edited by Taylormommy318; 08-13-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: oops
Taylormommy318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
jenna0913
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trainer questions

I started with gerber trainer and plastic covers. We are now moving to an AIO trainers that a wonderful mama on here made me. It opens on the side so when my DS poops in them it doesn't smear down his leg. But stills pulls up and down like underwear.
Jennifer
jenna0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
lawgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormommy318 View Post
My DS is 18 months old and we are working on potty training. I was thinking of switching to trainers for him but had a couple questions. He hasn't started using the potty yet so if he pees or poops in them will they leak? What are the best trainers for a 35lb chunky toddler? Do I need to use covers over trainers? Thanks for any info mamas.
I hope you are not seriously frustrated with him. 18 months old is very early for potty training, especially for a boy. I'm not judging at all, but a little one like your son is going to require a ton of patience and work.

I recently bought some trainers from Snap-Ez (I think that is the name) and they run very large, so those would probably work for you. She has stuffables as well as AIOs. I bought ours to night-train my three year old, but they have some for day-training as well. Boy prints and girls too. Good luck.

Last edited by lawgirl; 08-13-2008 at 09:00 AM.
lawgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
Taylormommy318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG, no I didn't mean it to sound that way. I am not frustrated at all. We JUST started with the potty and are going at his pace. I guess I shouldn't have put that. I know it will take him a while, and we aren't pushing it I just wanted to switch to some pull on trainers to make it a little easier on both of us. Thanks for the info on the trainers, I will look into them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
I hope you are not seriously frustrated with him. 18 months old is very early for potty training, especially for a boy. I'm not judging at all, but a little one like your son is going to require a ton of patience and work.

I recently bought some trainers from Snap-Ez (I think that is the name) and they run very large, so those would probably work for you. She has stuffables as well as AIOs. I bought ours to night-train my three year old, but they have some for day-training as well. Boy prints and girls too. Good luck.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
lawgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormommy318 View Post
OMG, no I didn't mean it to sound that way. I am not frustrated at all. We JUST started with the potty and are going at his pace. I guess I shouldn't have put that. I know it will take him a while, and we aren't pushing it I just wanted to switch to some pull on trainers to make it a little easier on both of us. Thanks for the info on the trainers, I will look into them
I thought you just threw that in, but I was just checking. Smilies can be dangerous.
lawgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
Taylormommy318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone else have suggestions?