Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2008, 05:01 AM   #61
BouncyBottomsInc
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Ok mama's in Europe let's check in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derexie View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering as you make your own cloth diapers in Europe, how do you get your fabrics??? I get some from yahoo groups in America but am moving to Europe soon and wonder how will I manage there!!! HELP!!! It just feels funny to let it be shipped from US Thanks a lot!

Terezie
Hi! I do make and sell cloth diapers right from Europe. I buy 75% of my fabric offline from the US bc its cheaper. When its shipped from the US, I get it shipped priority. Most places can ship 8-12 yds of cotton in a INT.FRE for $12.95. You can get 25+yds of any material (except terry and fleece) in a FRB for about $40. I buy all of my terry material here,its the only one that works out that even. You will find with the US pricing, plus shipping is cheaper than paying for the fabric in euros in europe. As least it is in Finland, things in Scandanavia tend to be super expensive though.

Any mamas looking for cloth diapers at low prices, I have some(starting at $7.50)! My website offers free shipping worldwide, so that helps european mamas. bouncybottomsinc.goods.officelive.com

Advertisement

BouncyBottomsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 AM   #62
BouncyBottomsInc
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey fellow European cd mama's. I offer free shipping worldwide, since Im shipping from Europe right now, it doesnt cost me much to ship to Europe! I have low cost cloth diapers in all styles, visit my website!
bouncybottomsinc.goods.officelive.com
Old 07-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #63
upura
Registered Users

Im from Finland too, i found this thread today so hello every one. My english is so bad but try to deal with it

And welcome BouncyBottomsInc, Finland is nice place to raise chidren
upura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 AM   #64
BouncyBottomsInc
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes! I love it hear! Everything is so different than in the US. I had the best buying experience hear yesterday. Went to the fabric store for thread and found they had a sale, whatever you can get in the bag for 10 euros. I got about 100euros worth of fabric! Wish I could find those sales more often here.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:02 AM   #65
nirtak99
Registered Users
seller

Hi everyone!

I live in sunny Portugal where my DH is working for the next few years. I am another Oregonian (saw a few listed in previous posts on this thread), and my husband is from Vermont.

I am new to this site, and haven't even begun cloth diapering yet because I am not due with our first until Sept. 2nd, but am already excited, and brought a bunch of AIOs and fitteds/covers back from my last trip to the US, so we'll see how it goes!
nirtak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #66
BouncyBottomsInc
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: Ok mama's in Europe let's check in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirtak99 View Post
Hi everyone!

I live in sunny Portugal where my DH is working for the next few years. I am another Oregonian (saw a few listed in previous posts on this thread), and my husband is from Vermont.

I am new to this site, and haven't even begun cloth diapering yet because I am not due with our first until Sept. 2nd, but am already excited, and brought a bunch of AIOs and fitteds/covers back from my last trip to the US, so we'll see how it goes!

Welcome!! How is it there in Portugal? Does it seem like a place that is worried about the environment? Run across any cloth diapering mamas or stores ?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #67
nirtak99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncyBottomsInc View Post
Welcome!! How is it there in Portugal? Does it seem like a place that is worried about the environment? Run across any cloth diapering mamas or stores ?
Definitely not as environmental as Vermont where we lived before, we have to pack up our recyclables and drive them to drop them off once a week, but the garbage is right across the street (both are free, just less convenient to recycle). I did finally find a small organic market and a few stores that specialize in natural products (I don't live in a big city though, may have more options in Lisbon or Porto).

I have met a few who cloth diaper here, but it seems that it is purely for cost savings, and when I gave a friend some AIO's I bought in the US they were amazed, they told me they showed them to their nurses and family and no one had seen anything like that before. I think disposables are still relatively "new," so people are into the ease of it.

Don't get me wrong, in general we love it here, are 10 minutes from the beach, the people are very friendly and great, and the lifestyle suits us, we just have to master the language and we are all set!

I'm looking forward to checking out your web site of diapers here in Europe!
nirtak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #68
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, I can't believe how many people are in Germany! We just moved here four months ago, and we're in Stuttgart for the next three years... We're American, and DH is in the Army.

Anyone else near me? I NEED to meet some people!!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #69
Ami in Deutschland
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hallo from Germany! I've been living in the Ruhrgebiet with DH, who is German, for about 6 years now. Can't imagine moving back to the US, but we do get to visit about once a year (helps feed my fabric addiction- I'm a quilter).