Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:
What else can I do?

I am exclusively pumping and trying to build my supply because I am having to supplement with formula right now and I really really don't want to! Domperidone doesn't seem to be working. I've been taking it for 2 full weeks now, 3 pills 3 times a day, and my supply still hasn't increased. I am kind of overweight, so I'm wondering if I should take more? I can't find a dosage chart based on weight anywhere and I don't want to do something that's not safe, but I need to make more milk!!! I have also been taking Motherlove More Milk Plus for the past week and am pumping as often as possible, frequently during the day I pump every hour or 2 and at night I pump at least every 3 hrs. Right now, I'm getting 2 oz every 2 hours and DS gets about 12 oz of formula every day . What else can I do? HELP ME!!!

Advertisement

stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:
Re: What else can I do?

Sounds like you are doing so much already mama! What kind of pump do you have, if you don't have a hospital grade then I say get one of those if you can, sometimes it makes all the difference. Also have you tried eating lots of oatmeal and maybe drinking a little of a nice darker beer, some mamas swear by this. Somewhere floating around DS there is a "more milk" oatmeal cookie recipe that is supposed to be really good. again and good luck, you are doing such an awesome thing for your baby.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
Jenney17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What else can I do?

I am SS Mama. I know this sounds obvious but for me it was water. I was drinking about 5 qts a day ans now I drink 8 to 10. I keep a pint glass next the faucet. That really helped. Also when I stopped pumping and started putting they guys TTB constantly.
Hang in there, you are a great Mama for trying so hard for your LO!