Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #31
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding in Public - US magazine poll

Did anyone see the comments from people who said they threw things at breastfeeding moms? Seriously one said they were in the supermarket and saw a woman breastfeeding and lobbed a ball of sour cream at her. Another said they threw a ball at the back of her and hoped she dropped her baby. How ridiculous are these people?? I just wish someone would do that to me and see how fast I'd sue them!

Advertisement

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #32
jan08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
That's really funny, because everyone loves this one: http://thesuperficial.com/2008/08/li...boob_flash.php

Superficial is right.
I was going to say the same thing. A lot of celebs flashing nipple/boob, and everyone seems to like those pictures...

Apparently breastfeeding boobs = evil, but boobs = awesome, show me more says something about society doesn't it?!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #33
carmelita625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

While I get why those ignorant comments irritate everyone, have you considered the people posting this stuff are probably teens just having fun flaming? I think its the internet equivalent of writing profanity on the bathroom wall. I really don't believe many adults over 25 haunt these sights. I could be wrong but I think the claims of hitting BFing moms and really disgusting sexual comments are just BS from kids hiding behind a false internet ID.

My point is I wouldn't let it affect my ability to NIP comfortably or get too angry. Its a lot of hot air. KWIM?

I bet if these are even really girls they will eat their own words when they become mothers.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #34
kat_henna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelita625 View Post
While I get why those ignorant comments irritate everyone, have you considered the people posting this stuff are probably teens just having fun flaming? I think its the internet equivalent of writing profanity on the bathroom wall. I really don't believe many adults over 25 haunt these sights. I could be wrong but I think the claims of hitting BFing moms and really disgusting sexual comments are just BS from kids hiding behind a false internet ID.

My point is I wouldn't let it affect my ability to NIP comfortably or get too angry. Its a lot of hot air. KWIM?

I bet if these are even really girls they will eat their own words when they become mothers.

I agree. I don't think many of the replies are "real". I think that it is just people (teens?) being dumb.

Do you really think that someone threw sourcream at a NIP woman in a grocery store? Probably not! BUT,if that EVER happened to me I would politely take my baby, ask a store employee to hold them for a minute and run over and BEAT that SOB down and then squiert some milk in his eye.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #35
Ami in Deutschland
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maggie Gyllenhaal, love the pics! I think I just found a reason to go see the new Batman movie.

ETA: Not sure if these pics showed up in the US, but there has been a rash of celebrity shots of women letting their lovers suck nipples in the rags here. Seriously- Sienna Miller, Rod Stewart, a horde of women accompanied by James Blunt. General reaction? Hardly disgust.

Last edited by Ami in Deutschland; 08-16-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Ami in Deutschland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #36
mama2riaan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As a mom who is nursing and pregnant I have been getting some very weird looks and have never felt weird about NIP until now.I think it is great she did and put some of the light on it .I have been reading terrible articles about people saying christina aguilara is weird because she plans to nurse her son tell 2.