Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #111
mybaybeelove
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: South Dakota??

Ash, It's now Aug. 17! Has that little boy made an appearance????

Shelly, I PM'd ya back!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #112
Ashhan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybaybeelove View Post
Ash, It's now Aug. 17! Has that little boy made an appearance????

Shelly, I PM'd ya back!
Lol. No!! He's being stubborn. I've had some contractions but they come and then stop after an hour or two. I think I've tried just about every old wives tale in the book, (except the castor oil. i just can't do that) so... maybe we'll see some action tonight. I'd love it if he decided to come on his own, but now that I've passed my due date, I'm a lot more ok with the dr. wanting to induce me.

Shelly, I was wondering how you decide what wahm products you carry in your store? I'm working on a new product idea, and I think it would be perfect in your store, so I thought I'd ask. I probably wouldn't have anything ready until October-ish, but I'm curious. I've been stuck inside too long and I'm "working" without really being able to actually do anything yet.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #113
mybaybeelove
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wanted to go into labor on my own too. But sadly, it didn't happen.

I hope you do go into labor on your own!!! I just think that would be such an awesome experience!!! No advice, on how to get it going... I made SPICY Enchiladas for about a week straight, my mom made me that eggplant parmesan from some famous restaurant (totally love it BTW), I walked until I couldn't walk any more... I too EPO like it was going out of style. We didn't do DTD because I found it repulsing and really? I was as big as a house! Come on!!

All the best to you though! Do you mind sharing where you will be having your LO? So, we can go see him online? I am going to assume your first name is Ashley???

All the best!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #114
lilepad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good luck Ashley! I have to say NO NO NO to the castor oil. I tried it with my first and it just made me more miserable. He was finally evicted via c/s two weeks later (due to other medial things). Your body will tell you when it's ready, there's really not a whole lot that those other things do for you if your body isn't ready. Sorry.

That said, I was shocked when I went into labor w/ my second. So much so that I didn't know that that's what was going on and drove myself to the hospital (6 blocks away). It was storming that night and I think it was the pressure change that caused my labor to begin (she was scheduled for a repeat c 3 days later but was riding very low for 2 weeks prior). Here's hoping a thunderstorm comes in for you.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #115
Ashhan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybaybeelove View Post
I wanted to go into labor on my own too. But sadly, it didn't happen.

I hope you do go into labor on your own!!! I just think that would be such an awesome experience!!! No advice, on how to get it going... I made SPICY Enchiladas for about a week straight, my mom made me that eggplant parmesan from some famous restaurant (totally love it BTW), I walked until I couldn't walk any more... I too EPO like it was going out of style. We didn't do DTD because I found it repulsing and really? I was as big as a house! Come on!!

All the best to you though! Do you mind sharing where you will be having your LO? So, we can go see him online? I am going to assume your first name is Ashley???

All the best!!!!!!

Haha. Yuppers, my first name is Ashley. (For the record I was so desperate yesterday we actually DTD because I was just willing to try it. Lol.) My Dh works for Sanford so we will be going there for delivery. I'll try to keep you ladies posted. Thanks for all of the support. (And thunderstorm wishes!)
Old 08-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #116
spencebabie
Registered Users
seller

Re: South Dakota!!

Ashley-- still doing ok? can we check you out on the craddle roll? If you have to be induced, try and not worry....i was induced due to pre-e...then had to do an emergency c section- it sucked butcha know what..it doesnt matter how the babes get here, as long as he is healthy thats all that matters...and you will forget about the labor pains the minute you hold him in your arms....ahh i so remember the first time i met lydia- still makes me cry- and i didnt get to meet her till she was 5 hours old- they ended up having to put me to sleep for my c-section...after being in labor for 24 hours....all of the pain just melted away when i saw here and would do it all in a heart beat for her- good luck, we will be thinking about you..and we still need to do lunch after things get settled down a bit...and i want to meet your new lo!
spencebabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #117
Ashhan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencebabie View Post
Ashley-- still doing ok? can we check you out on the craddle roll? If you have to be induced, try and not worry....i was induced due to pre-e...then had to do an emergency c section- it sucked butcha know what..it doesnt matter how the babes get here, as long as he is healthy thats all that matters...and you will forget about the labor pains the minute you hold him in your arms....ahh i so remember the first time i met lydia- still makes me cry- and i didnt get to meet her till she was 5 hours old- they ended up having to put me to sleep for my c-section...after being in labor for 24 hours....all of the pain just melted away when i saw here and would do it all in a heart beat for her- good luck, we will be thinking about you..and we still need to do lunch after things get settled down a bit...and i want to meet your new lo!
I'm doing as ok as I can be. Had an ultrasound today and the fluid levels are not what the dr. was hoping for, so I have another one scheduled for Thursday. If they are still low we will go ahead and induce on Thursday. Otherwise I'm scheduled to go in on Monday at 9am for induction. I am nervous! I thought I would be excited to have my baby, but now that I have dates set I'm kind of freaking out. I'm not sure I'm ready!!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #118
ElegantMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was induced with all 3 of mine. Its really not as bad as some make it out to be. You do what you have to do for your baby & yourself!

Here's hoping the next time we hear from you congrats are in order!!!

PM me about whatever you are working on, I'm very curious!
ElegantMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #119
Ashhan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi ladies! Just wanted to let you know that after our ultrasound yesterday my doctor decided to go ahead with the plan for Monday. So... if I haven't had my little guy by then, I'll be checking in at 9am.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #120
ElegantMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck Ash! I'll be saying a prayer for you!!!
ElegantMommy is offline   Reply With Quote