Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
Registered Users
Feeling of let down but not nursing??

My son weaned when he was about 12 or 13 months old, which would have been last November/December so I haven't been breastfeeding for about that long. The last couple months I've been having weird feelings in my breasts like the way let down feels, but nothing will come out because I haven't lactated for almost a year. I was thinking it had to do with me being pregnant again and maybe some weird hormonal change going on or something, but does anyone know what this could be? Anyone experienced a similar thing?

It's also weird because every time I "let down" I get all those happy feelings again and it makes me REALLY want to breastfeed again, as in right now, asap. Any thoughts?

Wifey to DH 4-1-05, SAH Homeschooling mom to DD 9-30-05, DS 11-30-06~4-10-08, DS2 12-18-08, DD2 : 3-14-10, and DS3 born all natural 4-1-13!
Meg678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Feeling of let down but not nursing??

I haven't had that happen yet. We weaned about 3 weeks ago and I'm still making milk.

That happened to a woman in my local mommies group though. She was holding her daughter in the cradle position and although she hadn't nursed in over a year, she began to get the phantom let down sensation. I think it's really amazing how not only can we recall the nursing relationship mentally but physically, even long after it has ended.
SAHM to Luke 5/07
marsha is offline   Reply With Quote