Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #41
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one that is fed up w/ newbies posting in FSOT asap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey Ciao View Post
Well I'm sure they also knew there were chat sections... doesn't mean they felt like chatting. I don't see the intros as much different... you post because you want to see people say "OH HI!! WE'RE SO GLAD YOU CAME!!!", or you don't because you don't see the point. To an equal extent, you just might not want to post the obligatory chat posts just to not seem so "newbie" anymore.
They're claiming they didn't even know it was there...not that they didn't want to.

Advertisement

Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #42
mama2riaan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok I am still a newbie and almost only sell as we are getting ready for a new baby and want an all new stash but have to sell first.I didnt do an intro and until reading this didnt know there was one.I do post in discussion forums alot though.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #43
katieai
Registered Users

My Mood:

Note to self: Write Intros!
katieai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #44
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidgerooski View Post
They're claiming they didn't even know it was there...not that they didn't want to.
Yeah, but honestly does it really matter? You're pissed at all people in general who go straight to FSOT.

I guess I just don't see the point in getting so riled... I skip the posts from people I don't want to deal with... getting upset about it just makes my blood pressure rise, and I have enough reasons to do that without worrying about who didn't post enough prior to selling on FSOT. I may shake my head, I may roll my eyes, but otherwise, I just do my best not to let it get to me.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #45
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pretty sure this isn't REALLY about posting an intro mommas - it's about people with 5 posts listing on FSOT. Anyone been scammed lately???? That will make you think twice.

And just to play my own devil's advocate. There ARE a few "mommas gone bad" scammers. (Mommas who had lots of good feedback then suddenly started scamming).

Personally, I DON'T buy from people who are brand spankin' new to DS. They need to have several posts, threads they've started and feedback elsewhere. My money doesn't grow on trees and I can't afford to get scammed .
Old 08-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #46
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2riaan View Post
ok I am still a newbie and almost only sell as we are getting ready for a new baby and want an all new stash but have to sell first.I didnt do an intro and until reading this didnt know there was one.I do post in discussion forums alot though.

You're an all over active newbie (look at you post counts/feedback, and short duration as a member) - I don't think she's talking about you momma!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #47
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

While it dosn't really bother me, i do think that there should be a 30post minimum to post in the FSOT or the ISO like on other sites. I think it is really poinless to fill the FSOT and the ISO with posts that a) noone will buy because they have no FB b) they don't come back and check their messages and they just end up bumping everyone elses posts down for no reason
Old 08-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #48
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey Ciao View Post
Yeah, but honestly does it really matter? You're pissed at all people in general who go straight to FSOT.

I guess I just don't see the point in getting so riled... I skip the posts from people I don't want to deal with... getting upset about it just makes my blood pressure rise, and I have enough reasons to do that without worrying about who didn't post enough prior to selling on FSOT. I may shake my head, I may roll my eyes, but otherwise, I just do my best not to let it get to me.
I'm not p*issed at all ppl in general, but thanks. Maybe I'm just preggo and hormonal, but I don't appreciate you telling me that I'm p*ssed at everyone, that was un-called for.

Good for you for not getting all riled up, but I'm sure they are things that get you all riled up that I wouldn't bat an eye at.

My bottom line is that I don't want ANYONE to get scammed. It seems there are MORE & MORE ppl on here scamming.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #49
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
no no no, i think if you have over 100 posts, and atleast 2 FB you are not a newbie.

Maybe with all of the scamming you shold have to have 100 posts before posting on FSOT.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #50
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Mama, I'm certainly not talking about you