Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
tinab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's nights like last night that make me want to wean!

The child was sleeping really well last night. We had to convert her crib (which she always hated, her sis was the same way) into the toddler bed style (it becomes a daybed and then a full sized headboard and night stand). I went up to bed and had to put her back in off of the floor (she didn't roll out), I should have just left her on the floor!
She got up ever 1 1/2- 2 hours and would not go back to sleep without nursing! She is 19 1/2 months old, I thought she would be sleeping better than this! I so very much just need a break, I just need one night without her getting up and just need a full nights sleep! I'm asking for 6-8 hours total, which I never get, preferably 6 hours in a row. My husband can't get up with her during the week because he could get hurt at work without the proper sleep. We really can't have that happen. I am tempted to have her have her first overnight at grandmas just so I can have that sleep, but then I feel guilty. I know she will be hard to get to sleep and will be sad, thinking that I abandoned her.
I think maybe I will go to my aunts or MIL's for the night and leave the kids with daddy . I need to do something, I need a break!

I feel a smidge better after venting. I am glad to have here for support .

Advertisement

Soon to be TTC #3; the final chapter!
Moola Invites
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
ShyDaisi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It's nights like last night that make me want to wean!

I completely understand. My 16 month old stil wakes every 2 to 4 hours every night, if I am lucky! The bad nights he never stops! I just keep telling myself that before long it will be done and I will be proud to have stuck with it.

I am glad that you have options to help you get a catch up night. I am a single mom with a bare bones support network, so I won't get any sleep until, oh, I don't know, Kindergarten, maybe!
ShyDaisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Awe, I'm sorry momma!! It's really tuff during nights like that. Just remember though that before long (even though it seems forever!) you'll actually miss those nights. It's only once in our lives that we have this opportunity to do this for our babies!! Hang in there momma, I'd def. go for a night away if you think they could handle it. ((hugs))
Old 08-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
tinab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am blessed to have the possibility of going. My aunt would let me me sleep on her couch if I wanted and she is a 5 minute drive away. I don't think I can do it, but it's sure nice to think of!
I know I missed nursing Loralei when she quit. It really hurt because I must have dried up within a month of getting pregnant with Josalyn, but I missed the closeness and 'our time'.
Thanks for understanding, may we all get some nice long sleep stretches soon!
Soon to be TTC #3; the final chapter!
Moola Invites
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
Happygrl6
Registered Users
seller

I totally understand!! My DD is nearly 4 and still not sleeping through the night and she's been totally weaned for almost two years, so total weaning did nothing for her sleep. Lack of sleep is so tough.

Could you put your DD down for the night and then to go your aunt's house? Or if she tends to wake quickly right after she goes down, wait until after that wake-up? If she woke & DH couldn't get her down reasonably quickly, you could be home pretty quickly.

ISO Boyish Side-snapping AI2s in Mediums, especially Grasshoppers diapers
Happygrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #6
christinaleigh
Registered Users

Hugs mama! That is all I have to say! It will get better! But hugs to you!

Babywearing and proud nursing mom - 3 beautiful children DS 2/01, DD 7/05, DD 3/08 - I'm back at work now. If you are expecting a PM from me be patient as I have limited access at work! If you see me on, I'm probably pumping and sneaking a peak online!
christinaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
SamanthaE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to give you a hug and hang in there this will pass.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #8
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:

Around 18-20 months, DD had the WORST case of separation anxiety she ever had. Wake ups every 1-2 hours and wanting to nurse. Then it just got better and stayed better...until her 2 year molars just started coming in. lol

As my grandmother always says to me....This too shall pass.

Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote