Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #11
CJNeeley
Registered Users
seller

Re: Isn't this breastfeeding top so cute??....

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
See...that's what I figured too. Tug down the elastic part to access the slits...except .. there are only slits on the INSIDE of the shirt after you tug down that elastic. (It's double layered) ... and the OUTSIDE layer doens't have the slits!!! rofl!

It definitely WOULD be salvagable IF it were just the straps...I can sew and reinforce the straps. But there are actually 4 layers underneath. There's the very underneath layer (which is a double layer itself and herein lies the trouble! LOL) ... Of this double layer, only the INSIDE layer has slits .. and the OUTSIDE part does NOT. Then there's another layer on top of this, which you see is the elastic tug down part and THAT is double layer too ... and then finally is the outside part of the shirt. Ok, so that's technically 5 layers. LOL

It's sooooo HOT here (we have NO winter) that I was definitely looking forward to wearing this shirt! ... ...and then to get a shirt that doen'st even have complete holes for the boobies was so disappointing. lol
oh my word, it looked so much simpler than that. I'm so sorry, that really stinks... maybe you should contact the company for instructions on how to use it.

Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #12
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

If you look at the website this is what is says on how to use the top and what the slits are for!

# To nurse, lift up top fabric and pull down on inner layer to access both breasts easily and discreetly. Slits in the underlayer are for breast pads.

HTH!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #13
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leininger27 View Post
If you look at the website this is what is says on how to use the top and what the slits are for!

# To nurse, lift up top fabric and pull down on inner layer to access both breasts easily and discreetly. Slits in the underlayer are for breast pads.

HTH!
I can see it now how it would work now after that explanation....

Also though, they are really good about taking items back for exchange or even refund. I sent a shirt back after like 2 or 3 months, I just kept forgetting about it, and they still refunded my money, no questions asked. That's nice..

But why can't we get more of this stuff in the stores so we can actually try it on! It's annoying that pregnant and nursing moms don't have a lot of choices or places to TRY stuff on. I hate ordering things and then returning them when they don't fit or look right.
e_mom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #14
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, I thought it was cute in the website until I saw your pics.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:26 AM   #15
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

It says the holes are for breastpads and to nurse you lift the top layer and pull down the inner. Sounds like what I do with all my shirts anyways. I don't see where it could cause many problems. I love tops like that for nursing because the long flowy bottom parts are usually lightweight and cover my tummy and DD can't pull them off.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #16
motherhubbard
Registered Users

I think it's kind of funny that a lot of us that wear nursing shirts do it to hide the belly fat. When I NIP my big concern is the belly fat, I would rather the world see my saggy boob than my firm fat!
Old 11-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #17
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MEEE TOO! Fat is NASTY and I have plenty of it!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote