Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Fell off the diaper wagon, and I cant get up!

Oh mamas, I dont know what is happening here! I cant seem to get a good fit on ds with cloth!!! I cd'rd dd from 4mths old all the way to potty training at 2 1/2yrs old, but my ds who is currently 5mths old, I just cant seem to do it. I want to, I have prefolds, flats, hemp fitteds, homemade fitteds. Some fit him too big, some too small...he is a big boy at 19lbs and about 27 inches long, and nothing gives me a good fit; it will either be tight at the waist, big at the legs, or vice versa or they are just sooo bulky. I dont want to keep investing money to see if there is something that would work, and what is worse is he seems to hate cloth. We have been using pampers but they are working just fine for us. Should I just give it up for now and wait till he is older, or should I try some pockets and then if that doesnt work call it quits??? Please advice, I feel like such a failure because it isnt working out this time around!

LaniMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Fell off the diaper wagon, and I cant get up!

I'm no expert by any means but could you try some different folds with prefolds or flats? Trifold a PF in a wrap maybe?....
Valerie - Canadian SAHM to DS 07/17/03 and DD 01/18/07

My new blog!
MommaRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Fell off the diaper wagon, and I cant get up!

I would try at least one fleece lined pocket before calling it quits. Probably an aplix, since they're so easy to adjust for a good fit. Some babies just *need* that stay dry feeling. It's worth a shot.
-Jenna, hip momma to Jordana & Joshua , owner of Momma Commune Boutique : Free shipping on all orders over $25!
PeanutButt is offline   Reply With Quote