Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:
Cool What to do...

I bought a few diapers from various people and from some on Ebay. Recently discovered that pocket diapers are for us ... and now I am stuck with all of these AIOS and fitteds what to do..
I've tried posting them for sale, but no one is biting... and to be honest I am frustrated that I spent all of this money to discover this... ...

I mean i'll hang onto them, I really don't want to give them away as most were bought brand new. Has anyone else felt this dissapointment before?

Ugh... just a ramble...

Advertisement

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
rizomomof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to do...

Mama i have changed my mind with dipies i don't know how many times !! hang in there mama they will sale it mite just take a while
rizomomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hang on to them for now, selling has been slow lately because people are trying to save money for the holidays. If you can't wait, you can always try selling on ebay. Either way, I'm sure you'll make most of your money back. That is of course, assuming that you don't change your mind and start using them! When I first started I thought I liked AIOs. Since then I've switched to pockets, and fitteds, and even prefolds for a minute there! I never had a lot of money (I still wash every night), so I'm really glad I kept what I did have. I've heard of people deciding they wanted something else and going out and buying a whole new stash!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
allye
seller

My Mood:

I hope I can sell them or trade them off... bah ! don't mind me, looong day

Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

I know how you feel. I sometimes have a hard time selling stuff that doesn't work for us. I get especially mad at myself when I buy two or three of a diaper before I realize it won't work.

I used to buy stuff almost willy-nilly, figuring that I could always re-sell. Now I am much more careful in what I buy. I *really* try to think about whether it will work before I buy it.

FSOT has been slow lately, and I think the general consensus is that everyone is saving money for the holidays. You might consider trying again next year.
kgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #6
allye
seller

My Mood:

I might end up putting them on Ebay depends! I am either looking to sell them or trade them off for ones I know we will use and I could never go out and buy a new stash, we don't have very much money either... that would cost a way too much for me

Old 11-15-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
allye
seller

My Mood:

That's what I might do, yeah...or put them up on Ebay..not sure. I have in all honesty just been cloth diaprering since October...so not long. I am slowly finding out what works and what doesn't work. I know cloth diapering takes a lot of time , and a bit of investment...
I am just literally kicking myself at the amount of money i've spent and now they are just sitting around

Old 11-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #8
reborin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Do you have any friends/local CDing mamas who can help out - just by sharing their stash so you can try stuff out? I know there are lots down in Vancouver, I don't know anyone in Kamloops, but you might try putting up a few posters around town and seeing if you can get together with another CDing mama to swap, trade, even just try out stuff. With so many options on the market now, you're likely to have different stuff. That's my only real recommendation...I've been in that place too. Ebay almost always sells, but sometimes you're better off hanging on to something and selling it on a board - better prices. You should be able to get what you paid for anything 2nd hand, or about 2/3rds price for new (so if you paid 18 you should be able to get 12 or more). Good luck, mama!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
allye
seller

My Mood:

hey I never thought of that, thank you!