Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #31
Registered Users
Re: i don't know what to do :(

i can't go to the class that easily. you are not allowed to have siblings there and unfortunately i have 3 younger ones with one more on the way. hiring a baby sitter in the middle of the day is not that easy where we are. plus, i don't think that it will be too much of an issue DURING the school hours. she'll have her little girlfriend in the class and as far as i know there weren't any inclass issues last year. but, they will be together on the school bus which is where the issues occured as well as on our block after school.

i was just trying to avoid them being around each other from 730a till ( on some days) after 5p. so, what i'll have to do is be proactive about the playing with the little girls family ( because my other two girls are friends with their other two girls).

i'm going to take it month by month at first, and we'll see what it goes. i am going to write a letter to the principal expressing my disappointment in the fact that he told me that they take those requests seriously and then for whatever reason decided that the two girls HAD to be in the same class. if there was only or two 1st grade classes i would completely understand, but there are 6 if not 7 1st grade classes.

i do want to homeschool and my hubby is teasing me that this is my way out. but i also want to make sure that my kids get a say in all of this as well. my kindergartener doesn't seem to care WHO her teacher is, she just wants to go to school. i'm going to have a chat with the first grader tonight and make sure she is ok with the situation. i want her to be able to defend herself and stand up to this little girl if she needs to, but i don't want her to think that she has to stay in the situation if it makes her sad or uncomfortable.

isn't it awful that kids can be so rude and manipulative at such a young age?

Momma to 4 princesses and 1 little prince.
danaalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #32
HAHA! Wait. What?
My Mood:

HUGS mama! I agree. Kids can be sooooooooooooo cruel!
mama to jlc 4 & anc 2
iso- PAYPAL!!!

Javamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

Best of luck with your decision mama - I know whichever way you decide to go it is a tough decision to make.
Wife to David Mom to Alex (6/07) and Aidan (10/09) dogmom to Zoe
Dragonfly Gifts: Gift baskets, baby blankets, cloth napkins, and more! Use code DSMAMA for 10% off!
AlexandZoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote