Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Registered Users
DS and moving transition

My Ds is 8 month old tomorrow and we will be completing our move tomorrow. Furniture is going and tomorrow night will be our first night in the new house. Is there anyhting I should do to moke the transition easier for him???

We are going to have plenty of help for the move in but the unpacking will be a chore but I packed everything with him on my back in the ergo so that will be no different??

Any advice appreciated....

candlepledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Tummy Kisses Diapers
My Mood:
Re: DS and moving transition

get his room done first. down to the furniture. then move on to the kitchen. and get out of the house and let him play in the grass a little bit for awhile if you can. you an always direct the placement of the outside stuff while your at it.
Amanda , Mom to Michayla10/01, Audrey11/07,
and Charlie 2/12, Wife to Karl
SAHM, ERF, EH, getting back to basics slowly
Officially ERF!!!
wildeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
My Mood:

We just moved to our first house yesterday and I have a 13-month-old, who is REALLY active and into everything (walking, crawling, climbing, talking, etc.).

She also SCREAMS, if I walk out of a room or if she's gated into a room, so it makes for a difficult time... well, unpacking is.

She isn't napping well here and she seems to be out of sorts, in general, but she seems to be sleeping OK at night.

Mostly - I'm unpacking while she's sleeping or while DP is entertaining her. I've unpacked the main bathroom, the master bedroom, laundry room, downstairs bedroom. I still have the kitchen, living room, DD's room, downstairs bathroom and the storage area and garage to organize.

I WANTED to do my daughter's room FIRST, but there's been a delay, because a piece of furniture broke during the move and we've yet to replace it, so I can't put things away properly yet.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Last year we moved with a 6yr old and an 18month old. Neither were too bothered by it. The 6yr old had the hardest time, he had a firmer grasp of the changes. The hardest part with the 18month old was getting any kind of work done around him. Since we co-sleep we organized our bedroom first, getting the important day to day stuff taken care of (needed to be able to sleep and shower and dress ect) then moving on to the fnal touches. I tried to get the play room set up quickly so the boys would have something to do other than get under foot. We had my oldest's 6th b-day party at the house a week after we moved in. We didn't have our Kitchen table yet even.
ShannonInk'd, Atheist, Liberal, Part Time Large Equipment Mechanic, HS-ing, Mum to ASD Ninja Kearnan (8-4-01) & Derby Boy Tharen (12-1-05)
Always remembering Arawyn Born Silently (12-21-03)
Crocheted longies/shorties, toys and more see samples Arawyn's Garden Crochet
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote