Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:09 AM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What is YOUR co-sleeping situation like?

Currently it is DH, Konner, Coney (the dachshund) and myself in a Queen size a few weeks there will be a new LO and DH would LIKE me to move Konner to a crib...not sure how well that is gonna work though!

Amanda- WIDOWED mama of 10 RIP Kevin 2/10/73 - 2/18/09 hug your dh, you never know
SAHM of Arianna (13), James (12), Kristopher (11), Alexandria (8), Abbigale (7), Ayden (5), Konner (4),
Kady a breech vaginal delivery- 9-26-08!!
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

our DD (who is currently 8) sleeps in her own room in her own bed. She co slept with us until she was 2, then we transitioned her to a crib in our room. at 4, we transitioned her to her own room, and she has been there ever since.
With DS (currently 19 months old), he currently sleeps in a crib in our room, crib is flush with bed. We just transitioned him into the crib in the last month. Prior to that he slept in an arms reach co sleeper next to me. I am due to have another baby in about 6 weeks, so we wanted to get him into a crib before the new baby will need the co sleeper. Basically the co sleeper and crib line one wall of the bed on one side, and line the bedroom wall on the other side. When we put DS to bed, i lay upside down in the bed, with my head at the foot, and with one arm into the crib to touch him while he falls asleep, then i turn around. He really enjoys the closeness, but he (and DH are both rollers in their sleep. the 3 of us cant comfortable fit on the bed.
we will move DS to his sisters room in a few years time.... prolly
Loving Christian Wifey to Matthew,
SAHM to DD (12/99) , DS #1 (1/07) , DS #2 (10/08) , and DS #3 (01/14) !
, modified cosleeping, vaxing, circing, and trying to be super crunchy!
lsmith073104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #33
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
My Mood:

We have a queen bed & twin bed pushed together & DS & DH & I all sleep there- DS started out in a basinet pushed up against the bed until he outgrew it at 2 months old & breastfeeding became easier when I brought him to bed. I had intentions of putting him the crib we had in the room by the bed but when he contracted RSV at 4 mo- we felt safer with him in bed with me so I could keep an eye on him (he had it severe) & had breathing issues for weeks after he got out of the hospital..
Now he still sleeps with us, & We have a crib in the room by the bed for the new baby- but I have a feeling it will continue to be lonely as we also plan to buy a cosleeping pillow to help make arrangements safer for the newborn when I bring him/her to bed with me to nurse ect..

We plan to encourage DS to transition into his room around 3 or so- but we wont force it. We hope by decorating it & letting him feel like a "big boy" he will want to sleep in there when he is ready.
Willow <3Wife & <3Mom of 4, CNA, Birth Doula, WAHM, FT Student, Founder Of SBSNC
Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, you are God. -Psalm 90:2 NLV
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #34
Registered Users

We never co-slept with ds#1. I was too nervous about it, lol, and he always seemed content in the bassinet and then the crib. Plus at the time, dh was always exhausted with school and work, and a very heavy sleeper, and we were worried about that.

Fast forward to baby #2 and it's a totally different ballgame!! He is 5 months old and the crib is still in storage. The bassinet holds baby blankets and clothes. He just did not like sleeping alone. We tried it, and finally I brought him to bed one night to nurse and he was like "yes! this is what I've wanted!!" and we've been co-sleeping ever since. dh would like him to be moved to a crib soon, but I'm just not sure me OR the baby are ready for it. I enjoy the closeness and the ease of nursing during the night. ds also really seems to like that closeness, and of course the all night milk bar.

Anyway, I usually lay down with him to nurse after we get ds#1 in bed, around 8 or so. The baby doesn't always go to sleep then, but if he does, I get back up and get things done, get my computer time in, lol, etc. Then I *try* to go to bed at a decent hour. I'm usually in bed before he wakes to nurse. Before the baby was born, ds#1 would occasionally crawl in bed with us, usually just to snuggle, as the three of us can't really sleep in the same bed together. But since the baby was born, I usually won't let him if dh is also in bed; he just tosses and turns waaaay too much. If dh isn't in bed, I'll put myself between them, lol. But, ds#1 really just does better in his own bed! :shrug:

Oh, forgot to add that we have a king size bed. I'm worried about what to do when ds is more mobile; we don't have rails on the bed or anything, and it's not just a mattress on the floor, it's on a frame.
Katy, mama to the Munchkin (2/02) the Sprout (3/08), and the Squirt (4/10)

Last edited by mamakaty; 08-24-2008 at 09:08 PM.
mamakaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #35
Registered Users
My Mood:

i only recently started morning co-sleeping.

reese was in a cradle in our room until 5 months.
moved to crib in her room, no issues.
teething began and things got rough!

so, if she is up at 4/5 am to feed - back in my bed we go and she goes back to sleep w/ me . . . DH works nights so sometimes when he comes in he has to slide her over. or, he crashes on the couch watching TV!
Jenny: Wife to Danny & Mama to Reese (almost 3!)

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote