Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
MilkOnDemand
Registered Users
seller

Re: Twiddlers Anonymous

I"m definately discouraging it, but I think he discovered the *other nipple* in the middle of the night because it was like suddlenly it was THERE.

Advertisement

MilkOnDemand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #12
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

My almost 15 month old is a twiddler and nothing else can take the place of it. I hate it, it drives me nutzo. She was also bouncing back & forth, but I stopped that. I have gotten her to stop twiddling except at night, which at that point I am sleeping and she just reaches in and twiddles until I wake up, then quickly pulls her hand out and recovers my breast. I got her to stop by simply moving her hand off my breast and recovering it. If she starts crying or throwing a fit I put her down and walk away. Yes she is screaming her head off at this point, but she is old enough that not getting her way won't hurt her. I do a small chore and come back to nurse again, usually she will start to reach for my other breast, but I just cover it with my free hand and she puts her hand down. After about 3 weeks of doing this she is only twiddling when I am asleep, but quickly stops when I wake up.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #13
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

Oh Geez, can I join too? DS loves to twiddle...I hate it but since I did not stop it at the beginning because I had no idea it would continue it still goes on. Usually though only when he is really tired. Now I can at least tell him to stop but he does get upset. We have a bouncer here too...One minute one side, next minute the other side. and twiddling each side as he switches LOL LOL All I can do is laugh and wait.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #14
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh my....i SO HOPE ds doesn't start that one. i will stop that immediately...so not right lol. the only person who should be twiddling my nipple and only when i want it is dh . NOT my ds!!!!

i can't believe the one mama let her ds do that until he was 4 or 5 and not evening nursing...oh how creepy and sorry to say it but ewewewewewew creepy creepy!!!!

good luck to you mama!!!!! i agree...just keep covering it and removing his hand...if he throws a fit stop the nursing session and try again later, he'll get the point. just like w/biteing

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:38 AM   #15
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know, I will probably be one of those to nurse till my baby is an older toddler. HE is two now so... But when he stops, he would never be allowed to just touch my breast for his own gradification. That is what I think it gross. NOT BF THAT LONG!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #16
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkmt View Post
You know, I will probably be one of those to nurse till my baby is an older toddler. HE is two now so... But when he stops, he would never be allowed to just touch my breast for his own gradification. That is what I think it gross. NOT BF THAT LONG!
exactly!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #17
kangamom
Registered Users
seller

That was my problem with it too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was wierd.
kangamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:29 AM   #18
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't tell you how many times I've said, "No twiddling!" My 12 mos old dd was at it again this morning. She's been trying to twiddle for months, now. I just cover my breast or hold her hand and that seems to stop it. If her hand is free or my nipple is exposed, she's going for it. Then, there's her new favorite pasttime - lifting my shirt to insert her finger into by bellybutton while she sucks her thumb. Is there a group for this?

Elisa
Old 11-16-2006, 02:54 PM   #19
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG!
This thread is freaking me out! I love nursing my ds - who is only 3 months so obviously can't do any of that yet! I guess now I know I will have to nip that kind of thing in the bud as soon as it starts! I am pro-child-led-weaning, too, as long as everything is still mutually enjoyable. I can't stand my bellybutton being touched, either. Ack!

Who can recommend a good nursing necklace or something similar to help occupy those curious little hands???

Last edited by aept; 11-16-2006 at 03:23 PM.
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #20
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my 9mth old just discovered this too... he's fine as long as i only have one out...BUT if Im not wearing a shirt...oh no.
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote