Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

How should I start?

So with DS I had over active letdown as well as TONS of milk so I ended up block feeding to regulate and then I just nursed on one side at a time and he still gained super fast.

So my question is this time with this baby coming I don't want to create issues with excessive milk. Do you think that I should just start off nursing on one side at a time? What about until my milk comes in? with colostrum do I need to nurse on both sides? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How should I start?

I think every bay is different and each nuring experiance is different. I have let each of my babies nurse as long as they wanted in the beginning and until #5 I never had a problem with over supply.

I would say follow babies lead, let them nurse frequently and on both sides and just watch for over supply issues and correct them if there is a problem, it may not even happen.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: How should I start?

It's such a hard decision as it was so bad for DS. He sputtered, choked and gagged. He had horrible gas from too much milk. But I hear you when you say that each babe is different. I guess I can always block feed again if necessary. I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to do that again. And maybe I won't have to.

I do have another question. Do you think that the fat content in the milk that I drink makes a difference when breast feeding? With DS I just always drank skim milk. I'm drinking 1% now, should I go to 2% milk while nursing?
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote