Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #41
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Nursing to sleep

We still nurse to sleep & Zander will be 2 1/2 on the 30 of this month! We just don't worry about what anyone else thinks & do what's best for us!! But I can see where you're coming from sometimes it's hard to hear all the non-AP families putting you down!

Jennifer, mommy to zander, 5/30/04 & maddie, 7/8/07 & lizzie 10/01/09
born at home, breastfed, cloth diapered, co-sleeping, gently disciplined & loved
Cleaning out the closets! New Cloth Wipes & Embroidered Shirts $6/dozen & /shirt!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:53 AM   #42
Registered Users
My Mood:

I went through the same thing ... and I had to hear it from my inlaws that I was spoiling the baby for nursing her and that I would never have enough milk to feed her. UGH!!! Then I got the lecture that I was supposed to let the baby "cry it out" so they learn to sleep on their own. uh.... there was no way no how I was gonna let my baby scream for over 30 minutes so she could "learn" to fall asleep.
**Quixtar Rep and Melaleuca Executive**
Grad Student mommy with 2 little ones...
You can find me and some AWESOME co-ops at A Mom's Hideout (AMH)
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #43
Registered Users

my 9 month old nurses to sleep most of the time. she will also go to sleep in the car and in a carrier (shes sleeping on my back right now).

when she was younger she would always stay latched the entire time. now that shes older she will useually unlatch after shes asleep, now always but more often then not. I figure someday she will wean and she will have some other way of getting to sleep.
girl born at home 4 feb 2006
boy born in birth center 2 march 09
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #44
My Mood:

Logan is 9 months and I nurse him right before bed. Sometimes he falls asleep and sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't depend on it to fall asleep, and even if he did, it wouldn't bother me. I do what's good for my kids, and not what 'they' say.
Momma to Paige & Logan
and my furbabies Charlee & Ollie
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote