Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
melwells
Registered Users

how can i bring af back?

i'm impatiently waiting for my pp af. we've been ttc for a few months. i'm still bf my almost 1 year old dd. besides weaning, both of us are not ready to wean. and no i don't see this as a sign that my body isn't ready to be pregnant again. any suggestions/ideas?

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how can i bring af back?

Old 08-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
julieekstrom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I dont have any suggestions other then those that you know of I had to completely wean to get AF back...so needless to say we didn't start TTCing till DD was 28 months. It took AF about 3 weeks to come back after 100% no boob.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I complety weaned my 17 month old and a week later now im on day 2 of the birth control pill i should start on sep 16th and o on the 28th chica wow wow.. I have no patience im bringing it on till the breaka dawn
I must say this pill is making me sick blaaaa
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I have no suggestions. I got it back with my son at about 12 weeks and my daughter was only 8. (and yes i nursed, coslept and wore them and still it back super quick)
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
4HisGlory
Registered Users
Formerly: 2&1ontheway
seller

I got it back at klike 7 weeks postpartum w/ my other two (also breastfed) but DD is almost 9 months and nothing
Old 08-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
Mom_of_3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwells View Post
i'm impatiently waiting for my pp af. we've been ttc for a few months. i'm still bf my almost 1 year old dd. besides weaning, both of us are not ready to wean. and no i don't see this as a sign that my body isn't ready to be pregnant again. any suggestions/ideas?
Hi There:
You know for each woman this is so different. It's really specific to your own hormones. Some ladies get their PPAF back sooner even while breastfeeding. But that does not mean they are ovulating so technically they are having annovulatory cycles. To be clear you have not yet had your first PPAF correct? Also I would recommend reading Taking Charge Of Your Fertility (if you have not done so).

I'd say be on the look out for a change in your CM to very eggwhite like and once you have that, consider yourself fertile (though you might not be - but the rule of thumb is to consider any EW Cm fertile during this time). You might have this several cycles before your body actually ovulates.
Are you temping at all at this point?

I got my first PPAF when my ds was 9 months. However it took me 12 cycles before I was able to get pregnant. I refused to wean my ds to do so.
Recently I read a book called Natural child Spacing I believe it is, and it's a very interesting read about how breastfeeding and certain ways we parent (including co-sleeping and being with baby 24/7 etc) effect us and nature does what's called called Natural child spacing, typically of a 2 year age gap.
In the book there were some ladies that were unable to get pregnant at all while nursing, others it just took longer.
Honestly I'd say just be patient. It will happen in time.
I started to lose hope and even gave up in June of the thought of having more children.
Good luck to you!
Melissa, Proud wife, Skylar (6), Summer (4) & Decklin (20 months), with #4 dd: May 11th. homeschooling, SAHM, non vaxing,
Organ donation has touched our lives: www.saveskylarpictures.blogspot.com
Mom_of_3 is offline   Reply With Quote