Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #21
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: **UPDATED!** Fracture/Sprain/Strain in 16 m/o during normal play!?!!??***

Hope she heals fine

I just wanted to comment on the "seizures" my youngest ds has epilepsy, and when he is sick, or hurt or stressed he has an increase in seizures. Have you ever tried to videotape what is going on, that could help a neuro figure it out. I hope she is fine, big hugs to her and you.

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #22
starrymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep! i managed to catch her very 1st seizure on video... none of the drs could believe it...

if you'd like to see, i had set up a caringbridge page for her & it's at
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/marleybriggs

if you go to the 'links' page, you can click through the links to get to videos there...

btw: she's doing so well *arm wise* now! she's like a and i can barely keep up!

starrymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #23
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrymomma View Post
yep! i managed to catch her very 1st seizure on video... none of the drs could believe it...

if you'd like to see, i had set up a caringbridge page for her & it's at
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/marleybriggs

if you go to the 'links' page, you can click through the links to get to videos there...

btw: she's doing so well *arm wise* now! she's like a and i can barely keep up!
My DD had seizures at 7 months old and had them off and on until about a month ago. She was admitted to the hospital twice and set up with a ped neurologist, supposedly the best in our area.. 1 MRI, 2 long hospital stays, 3 EEGS and we were told she's fine and 2 weeks ago he discharged her saying it could be epilepsy but he can't find it now so he'll let her go until something else happens. I'm going to check out your link.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #24
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

You are good mama! Dang! the doctors are always asking me if I caught one on camera, Emily's have been so spaced out and very short that I have never caught one on tape! makes me feel bad because I don't carry my camera around all the time! She had the video recorded EEG too... the 24 hour one.. and not a thing! UGGHHH
to you mama.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #25
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My brother had a fracture like this in his foot for 5 days before my parents took him in! They felt so badly! But the doc said it happens all the time. I don't know about you, but I am so sick of hearing about friends whose concerns are treated like paranoid mommy syndrome and dismissed that i am hesitant sometimes to go to the doc over smaller things. I won't be from now on maybe.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #26
starrymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We got her cast today.. the dr was supposed to be out of state doing a surgery, but it got canceled... Thank goodness b/c i start a new sitting job tomorrow and really needed to get this done today!

I used her naptime to make an uber cute sling! It's lined in panne and suits her well! Of course it helps support the weight of the cast & helps keep it from getting snagged on clothes, pillows, me, or the couch!

starrymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #27
teleana22
Registered Users
seller

Re: *UPDATE#2 w/PICS* Fracture/Sprain/Strain in 16 m/o during normal play!?!!??***

I would take her in just to check. i have never in my life broken anything, and just assumed if anyone broke a bone the pain would be noticable and unbearable. but my ods was only 2 when he broke his arm the first time, and he never even cried, a little whine and got up favored it for a bit, then was back to using his hand and arm some, he had no swelling and he went ahead and took a bath and played for about an hour before i took him in. i really thought i was being the over worried mom, but nope he had a clean break. and the third and last time this same son broke a bone was 2 yrs ago when he was 11 at a rocket football game. i wasn't there. he got hurt, got out of the game for about 5-10 min, went BACK in teh game, and when i got home from work 6 hours later he was on the trampoline with his friends. DF casually tells me, i think chris broke his arm again, we need to take him to the hospital. only once did his arm swell, and that time it was instant, he fell/jumped off of the counter and when i picked him up within seconds his elbow was already twice normal size. so i would rather be safe and get it checked.

Teleana
teleana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:27 AM   #28
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: *UPDATE#2 w/PICS* Fracture/Sprain/Strain in 16 m/o during normal play!?!!??***

she is just way to cute! How do you not just gobble her up! I think its the hair. Give her a big hug all the way from Canada. And you too